<div align='center'>
Sale.png
Munster.png

Sale v Munster
Date: Sunday 19 October 2008
Venue: Edgley Park
Kickoff - 13:00, Live Sky Sports/Sport+
</div>

So contrasting fortunes for both sides last weekend but still 2 wins. Munster were cack and Sale were awesome, so we should have an interesting match up come Sunday. Last time the sides met Sale took a pasting and Chabal certainly will be wound up for this one having been torn a new arse. So will Sale be too wound up ahead of this one or can Saint-André master his side's aggression for the visit of the champions. If Sale have the right mentality they should take the win but that's always a big if when Munster are involved.

Munster won't perform as badly as they did last week, they'll certainly have their game face on this week although perhaps the chinks are appearing in the armour, with McGahan being typically Australian in his approach but very un Munster like, still things to learn and get right in the approach with this team. It's not quite a must win for either side so it could turn out to be a bit of a stalemate. Also no pedantic English ref at the breakdown this weekend so that might help Munster as well.

"It's not quite a must win for either side so it could turn out to be a bit of a stalemate."

I disagree there. If Sale beat Munster on Sunday, then Munster will most likely need to win in France (twice) to remain in the competition. If Sale lose, we'll need to win away to Montauban.
That said, I can't see Munster winning if we play like we did on Saturday. Hopefully we'll end their 10 (11?) year quarter-final reaching record. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 16 2008, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster do have a reputation of being road warriors sometimes though..[/b]
I know. History tells us that they'll be losing at EP this weekend though. ;)

Yeah. I consider this a must win for Munster. By my maths Munster are effectively a further two points behind Sale as I'd expect Sale to pick up a bonus point at home to Montauban, and I dont think Munster will get the away bonus point win at Clermont.

For Munster to redress this balance and give themselves a chance of winning the group they really need to win this one. I dont think they will do it BUT it wouldnt surprise me if they did. Of all the teams on the planet, these guys constantly raise their performance for games of this magnitude.

Definately the game of the round, but I think the rails will come off for Munster and they may leave with nothing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 16 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That said, I can't see Munster winning if we play like we did on Saturday. Hopefully we'll end their 10 (11?) year quarter-final reaching record. :D[/b]
Just curious. Are you a Scarlets fan? a Sale fan? or both?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 16 2008, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 16 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That said, I can't see Munster winning if we play like we did on Saturday. Hopefully we'll end their 10 (11?) year quarter-final reaching record. :D[/b]
Just curious. Are you a Scarlets fan? a Sale fan? or both?
[/b][/quote]
Both and Toulouse. It gives me a reason to have interest in the GP and in the HC after my other faves are knocked out. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 16 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
but I think the rails will come off for Munster and they may leave with nothing.[/b]
That's a nice thought. :D

I too tend to support another team for odd decade between the individual years that Saracens feature before vanishing back to the Heine-kiddy cup once more..

...GOOO CALVISANO!

Didn't get to see Sale last week, but I like their style under Saint Andre.

Munster will have a few tricks for them. And beardy won't get off the pitch alive.

McAllister up against the kiwis in the middle of the pitch will be fun.

We need to be really aggressive, McAllister needs to be hit hard by Mafi and Tipoki (hopefully). Wallace will stand inside O'Gara on defense(should he start, rumours all over the place) because as much as ROG's defence has improved, he won't be able to take Luke. Imagine how different the predicted results would be for this match if Munster had caved in to McAlister's HUGE wage demands before the RWC!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 17 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well only one of them by the looks of things.[/b]
Not sure what's happening with him.

Good intro to the thread - what do you mean by this:

"McGahan being typically Australian in his approach but very un Munster like"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 16 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 17 2008, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well only one of them by the looks of things.[/b]
Not sure what's happening with him.

Good intro to the thread - what do you mean by this:

"McGahan being typically Australian in his approach but very un Munster like"
[/b][/quote]

as in it's typically Australian to big up your chances, saying in the week of the match that he expected the full haul, Kidney would have just kept his mouth shut and got on with the job and more than likely we wouldn't have seen as poor a performance either.

Teams:

Sale Sharks
15.Rory Lamont
14.Mark Cueto
13.Luke McAlister
12.Rudi Keil
11.David Doherty
10.Richard Wigglesworth
9.Dwayne Peel
8.JM Fernandez Lobbe
7.Luke Abrahams
6.Chris Jones
5.Brent Cockbain
4.Sebastien Chabal
3.Eifion Roberts
2.Neil Briggs
1.Lionel Faure

Replacements: Marc Jones, Stuart Turner, Dean Schofield, Jason White, Charlie Hodgson, Mathew Tait, Chris Bell

Munster:

15.Paul Warwick
14.Doug Howlett
13.Keith Earls
12.Lifemi Mafi
11.Ian Dowling
10. Ronan O'Gara
9.Tomás O'Leary
8.David Wallace
7.John O'Sullivan
6.Alan Quinlan
5.Paul O'Connell capt
4.Donnacha O'Callaghan
3.John Hayes
2.Jerry Flannery
1.Marcus Horan

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, D Ryan, J Melck, P Stringer, B Murphy, K Lewis.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 17 2008, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 16 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sale lose, we'll need to win away to Montauban.[/b]

Did you just say "we"?
[/b][/quote]
Yeh, I'll be playing on Sunday ahead of Peel. Didn't you hear? - oh wait, you wouldn't; Saint-André will want to keep that quiet. :ph34r:

"Interesting, Wigglesworth starting and Hodgson on the bench... o_O"

YEY! :bana:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 17 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Teams:

Sale Sharks
15.Rory Lamont
14.Mark Cueto
13.Luke McAlister
12.Rudi Keil
11.David Doherty
10.Richard Wigglesworth
9.Dwayne Peel
8.JM Fernandez Lobbe
7.Luke Abrahams
6.Chris Jones
5.Brent Cockbain
4.Sebastien Chabal
3.Eifion Roberts
2.Neil Briggs
1.Lionel Faure

Replacements: Marc Jones, Stuart Turner, Dean Schofield, Jason White, Charlie Hodgson, Mathew Tait, Chris Bell

Munster:

15.Paul Warwick
14.Doug Howlett
13.Keith Earls
12.Lifemi Mafi
11.Ian Dowling
10. Ronan O'Gara
9.Tomás O'Leary
8.David Wallace
7.John O'Sullivan
6.Alan Quinlan
5.Paul O'Connell capt
4.Donnacha O'Callaghan
3.John Hayes
2.Jerry Flannery
1.Marcus Horan

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, D Ryan, J Melck, P Stringer, B Murphy, K Lewis.[/b]

Not the ideal game to be trying out a new centre partnership, thought Murphy might get the nod for this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 17 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 17 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Teams:

Sale Sharks
15.Rory Lamont
14.Mark Cueto
13.Luke McAlister

12.Rudi Keil
11.David Doherty
10.Richard Wigglesworth
9.Dwayne Peel
8.JM Fernandez Lobbe
7.Luke Abrahams
6.Chris Jones
5.Brent Cockbain
4.Sebastien Chabal
3.Eifion Roberts
2.Neil Briggs
1.Lionel Faure

Munster:

15.Paul Warwick
14.Doug Howlett
13.Keith Earls
12.Lifemi Mafi
11.Ian Dowling
10. Ronan O'Gara
9.Tomás O'Leary
8.David Wallace
7.John O'Sullivan
6.Alan Quinlan
5.Paul O'Connell capt
4.Donnacha O'Callaghan
3.John Hayes
2.Jerry Flannery
1.Marcus Horan

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, D Ryan, J Melck, P Stringer, B Murphy, K Lewis.[/b]

Not the ideal game to be trying out a new centre partnership, thought Murphy might get the nod for this one.

[/b][/quote]

This is a huge bet. Could be a a very costly mismatch...

Latest posts