Status
Not open for further replies.

ebt

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Two players, knocking 7 bells of sh*t out of each other, punches to the face and neck.

Referee has clear clear view in the replay. Clear for all to see.

Punishment ? Nah, just a penalty. No sin bin/yellow, no red card, no "on report".

Great example for the kids of today, thinking of taking up the sport, isn't it ?

Not watching the game but often think RL officials bottle out and use the "on report" option far too often.

There wasn't even an "on report" this time, simply nothing at all. Pretty ridiculous really, for a "professional" sport.....

17 posts, all of them slagging off league.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Constructive posts indicating weaknesses possibly causing such poor support for the code. Did you happen to see the "massive crowd" at last nights "Super League" game ?

Saw it late night.Handbags really,thought the ref handled it well.

Saw it late night.Handbags really,thought the ref handled it well.

If you call the ref handing it really well, allowing punches to the face, and assault, and not even giving a sin bin, then I guess so.

Any other sport he would have been sent off, either yellow or red. Still, if you want your kids thinking that's acceptable, then God help your kids.

Oh, go grind your axe somewhere else. You aren't getting the bites you so clearly want.

Let them fight.

I don't care whether there are kids watching. I want to see a tough sport played by tough men, bring back the biff. Just make sure you avoid the mess on the floor during a union match when people get their heads stamped on, would hate to see your morals being corrupted.

And as for the low crowds, it's Salford, who have poor crowds. It's Wakefield, who don't travel in large numbers, not least for a 7:45pm kick off on a Monday night. What were you expecting? An Origin crowd, perhaps?

If you call the ref handing it really well, allowing punches to the face, and assault, and not even giving a sin bin, then I guess so.

Any other sport he would have been sent off, either yellow or red. Still, if you want your kids thinking that's acceptable, then God help your kids.

Where the **** did he say he was OK with his kids watching it? And who cares...oh my god a couple of handbags being thrown, children all over the world probably get exposed to worse things in their own playgrounds(One of the greatest fights I ever witnessed was when I was in grade 8, and my brother and another one of his grade 2 friends beat the living **** out of two other grade 2's at a cross country meet for tripping our schools primary school kids during the race...their little fists of fury...oh god it was amazing...I could cry with nostalgia especially with the school closing permantly in three weeks....but I digress) Do you freak out and change the channel when a streaker comes running by "akimbo" as well?

Last edited:
Where the **** did he say he was OK with his kids watching it? And who cares...oh my god a couple of handbags being thrown, children all over the world probably get exposed to worse things in their own playgrounds(One of the greatest fights I ever witnessed was when I was in grade 8, and my brother and another one of his grade 2 friends beat the living **** out of two other grade 2's at a cross country meet for tripping our schools primary school kids during the race...their little fists of fury...oh god it was amazing...I could cry with nostalgia especially with the school closing permantly in three weeks....but I digress) Do you freak out and change the channel when a streaker comes running by "akimbo" as well?

Read the post above yours with regard to not caring if their kids see assault in sport as ok. Typical league I'm afraid.

Crowds ? I've yet to see a SL game where all the crowd are not "managed" into the stand opposite the cameras with the end stands totally empty.

Read the post above yours with regard to not caring if their kids see assault in sport as ok. Typical league I'm afraid.
No it's not.
Crowds ? I've yet to see a SL game where all the crowd are not "managed" into the stand opposite the cameras with the end stands totally empty.
Go to a game and see for yourself.

Who do you think you are?

I'm 28. I've been going to watch rugby league since I was 5. I may not to be your tastes but watching the sport has not turned me into a slobbering neanderthal, nor has it any of my family or any of the other people who watch the sport. Your faux outrage is laughable. Rugby is a tough sport played by tough men. Fists will fly at some point. I don't care in the slightest.

Do not accuse me of condoning assault and then patronise me by saying "typical league." You're giving yourself an undeserved superiority complex.

In which case you watch about three games a season.

The sport isn't in rude health by any means but that statement is total and utter rubbish.

Two players, knocking 7 bells of sh*t out of each other, punches to the face and neck.

Referee has clear clear view in the replay. Clear for all to see.

Punishment ? Nah, just a penalty. No sin bin/yellow, no red card, no "on report".

Great example for the kids of today, thinking of taking up the sport, isn't it ?

Oh God! will someone please think of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you think you are?

I'm 28. I've been going to watch rugby league since I was 5. I may not to be your tastes but watching the sport has not turned me into a slobbering neanderthal, nor has it any of my family or any of the other people who watch the sport. Your faux outrage is laughable. Rugby is a tough sport played by tough men. Fists will fly at some point. I don't care in the slightest.

Do not accuse me of condoning assault and then patronise me by saying "typical league." You're giving yourself an undeserved superiority complex.

In which case you watch about three games a season.

The sport isn't in rude health by any means but that statement is total and utter rubbish.

But you clearly did condone it.

The odd single punch, just about acceptable. Multiple punches to the face, thuggery, plain and simple, and in the case I quoted, no card and no "on report". Ridiculous.

LIKE-us-on-Facebook-3734.jpg

But you clearly did condone it.

The odd single punch, just about acceptable. Multiple punches to the face, thuggery, plain and simple, and in the case I quoted, no card and no "on report". Ridiculous.

Like I said, and as you know full well, punches are part and parcel of the sport. It's usually an automatic red card in Super League, which I hate. I want to see biff, I want to see aggression. By your description I take it you mean Paul Gallen in the Origin game. That's a face of life., that's what Origin games are like, that's what we wall want to see.

Assault is booting lumps out of someone in a street, not swinging a punch if you play rugby. You step onto that pitch and you have a fight, that's perfectly alright with me. Just make sure you win it if you represent St Helens RLFC and you don't do any cheap shots, do it face to face like a man.

If you don't like it so much, might I suggest you don't watch and concentrate on something you can cope with? Something that won't corrupt a generation of children into thinking that rugby is a tough sport and is to be avoided? I hear chess is nice and safe.

Like I said, and as you know full well, punches are part and parcel of the sport. It's usually an automatic red card in Super League, which I hate. I want to see biff, I want to see aggression. By your description I take it you mean Paul Gallen in the Origin game. That's a face of life., that's what Origin games are like, that's what we wall want to see.

Assault is booting lumps out of someone in a street, not swinging a punch if you play rugby. You step onto that pitch and you have a fight, that's perfectly alright with me. Just make sure you win it if you represent St Helens RLFC and you don't do any cheap shots, do it face to face like a man.

If you don't like it so much, might I suggest you don't watch and concentrate on something you can cope with? Something that won't corrupt a generation of children into thinking that rugby is a tough sport and is to be avoided? I hear chess is nice and safe.

Not always, someone en passant-ed me in a game once, hurt like a beeyatch

Now, why does that not surprise me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts