• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Burgess U Turn

2 So you think the Armitage thing is nonsense, have you read Steffons comments earlier this week ?
Why do you refer to it as nonsense ? Surely the only nonsense is what the RFU and England coaching staff have exhibited by not picking him, open your eyes and watch him play for Toulon this season and then see who is talking nonsense.

Stahp. Please.

That's nonsense and calling Robshaw Rubishaw just proves your mentality . ROBSHAW has outplayed Warburton plenty of times and has plenty of merits at 6

God you are one eyed, Rubishaw has possibly outplayed Warburton once when we were beaten in this years 6 nations, you are so arrogant defending the indefensible again who can blame Burgess with attitudes like yours around.

- - - Updated - - -

VC gets all his rugby knowledge from WalesOnline, it's best just to ignore all his posts as the bleating of the incredibly uninformed.

I am a damn site better informed than you and am getting a bit fed up with every body having a pop at SB

No come on he may be Olyy. Not sure on what perhaps on the average rain fall in Bolivia or the regional temperature variations in outer Mongolia but he knows **** all about Rugby.

Typical, reverting to insults I suggest that you take a look at some of Burgess's league performances together with some of Armitage's in the top 14 it may well educate you, but then again if you've made your mind up and are as stubborn as you appear then probably not.
I'm not saying anymore on Burgess but am sad to see him leave union and am disappointed that I won't get the chance to see him play in the back row for the 2017 Lions with Warburton.

Typical, reverting to insults I suggest that you take a look at some of Burgess's league performances together with some of Armitage's in the top 14 it may well educate you, but then again if you've made your mind up and are as stubborn as you appear then probably not.
I'm not saying anymore on Burgess but am sad to see him leave union and am disappointed that I won't get the chance to see him play in the back row for the 2017 Lions with Warburton.

That's right you ****

I've been pulled up and given a negative notification for comments like Tall shorts last comment, does he get away with his snide insults and bad language ?

Sorry Peat but he adds as much as kiwi

What I say to other users in private is private.

What I am saying to everyone here is keep polite and drop the arguing in favour of rugby chat. If you want clarification, PM me. Any more and the thread closes.

If Bath always saw him as a 6, why did they start him as a centre? Never understood that
game time he didn't understand the ins and outs of the breakdown added into the fact we were missing Ford and Joseph on England duty and he filled a hole.

Typical, reverting to insults I suggest that you take a look at some of Burgess's league performances together with some of Armitage's in the top 14 it may well educate you
100% guarantee I've seen a lot more of Burgess in League.
Probably seen a lot more of Armitage.
I imagine you've just watched their highlights on youtube.

I'll reply to you without insults . I'd say out of the 5 games Robshaw has played against Warburton Sam has probably outplayed Chris 3 out of 5 times at best, I don't think Sam outplayed Chris in the World Cup to be honest. In the last 5 games I'd call it 2.5 each ... Not bad for bloke who's rubbish compared to a bloke who's world class if you ask me . Dare I say it's a ****ing good job England didn't play Kvesic before otherwise Sam would look a fool . If you knew anything about English rugby barring what you saw in the papers you would know Sam Burgess leaving does nothing to the England team other than reduces the distraction.

The next team picked will be able to play under no pressure at all like Stuart Lancaster's first team were able to

As a reply to Armitage there the rules he knew them as did Abendenon . They haven't changed unlike the Welsh rules on eligibility .....

As you probably already know changing the rules to suit the current situation kinda undermines the whole idea ....

It's plain and simple if you aren't playing in the premiership you may aswell be from Mars because you ain't English and I still stand by it even though Steffon could have been a difference at this World Cup .

Last edited:
100% guarantee I've seen a lot more of Burgess in League.
Probably seen a lot more of Armitage.
I imagine you've just watched their highlights on youtube.

Well there is know way of quantifying which of us has seen more of this or that, but my opinion remains that Burgess is a class player who with time would have proved himself as a class flanker in union, I really can't see why you would disagree with this. As for Armitage for me he is the best current English openside playing, he may not be in 12 months lets wait and see.
By the way did you read Armitages comments this week he muted that certain players in the England camp were against his inclusion in the England squad and had voiced their opinions, I'm pretty sure the Welsh lads and the Oz squad had'nt any problem with the French players joining their respective squads, why do you think the English lads would have a problem if SA's comments are true.

I'll reply to you without insults . I'd say out of the 5 games Robshaw has played against Warburton Sam has probably outplayed Chris 3 out of 5 times at best, I don't think Sam outplayed Chris in the World Cup to be honest. In the last 5 games I'd call it 2.5 each ... Not bad for bloke who's rubbish compared to a bloke who's world class if you ask me . Dare I say it's a ****ing good job England didn't play Kvesic before otherwise Sam would look a fool . If you knew anything about English rugby barring what you saw in the papers you would know Sam Burgess leaving does nothing to the England team other than reduces the distraction.

The next team picked will be able to play under no pressure at all like Stuart Lancaster's first team were able to

As a reply to Armitage there the rules he knew them as did Abendenon . They haven't changed unlike the Welsh rules on eligibility .....

As you probably already know changing the rules to suit the current situation kinda undermines the whole idea ....

It's plain and simple if you aren't playing in the premiership you may aswell be from Mars because you ain't English and I still stand by it even though Steffon could have been a difference at this World Cup .

Thats better I respect your views but for me on Warburton V Armitage as opensides I would rate Sam as a 9 out of 10 and Chris as a 6 out of 10, as a captain Sam an 8.5 and Chris a 6.5. If Robshaw was playing at 6 which I think would suit him better my opinion would probably differ. I think Robshaw lacks something at the breakdown, is a little slower than a 7 needs to be and therefore hits a lot of rucks later than ideal.
As for the French player rule, it improved the Aussies with the inclusion of their French based players and I also think it has helped the Welsh player development. Going back a few years Martin Johnson was given a great grounding in New Zealand and his days playing over there contributed greatly to him as a player.
I was impressed with Steve Macnamara's comments on talk sport, he was a guest for an hour and his view on players playing abroad were that they benefit greatly when taken out of their comfort zone and will generally become better players. Of course the main concern for a National coach is player release which is another bone of contention and probably a topic for another day.

Thats better I respect your views but for me on Warburton V Armitage as opensides I would rate Sam as a 9 out of 10 and Chris as a 6 out of 10, as a captain Sam an 8.5 and Chris a 6.5. If Robshaw was playing at 6 which I think would suit him better my opinion would probably differ. I think Robshaw lacks something at the breakdown, is a little slower than a 7 needs to be and therefore hits a lot of rucks later than ideal.
As for the French player rule, it improved the Aussies with the inclusion of their French based players and I also think it has helped the Welsh player development. Going back a few years Martin Johnson was given a great grounding in New Zealand and his days playing over there contributed greatly to him as a player.
I was impressed with Steve Macnamara's comments on talk sport, he was a guest for an hour and his view on players playing abroad were that they benefit greatly when taken out of their comfort zone and will generally become better players. Of course the main concern for a National coach is player release which is another bone of contention and probably a topic for another day.

The French player rule dos help the Aussies but look who they were bringing in, 2 world class (broadly speaking players ) with a proven track record.

Who would we really be looking at,

Nick Abendernon an average at best 2 cap wonder.

Or Steffen Armitage who doesn't care about playing for England.

Toby flood would have been good to have but then we all know daddy would have dropped him in favour of the chosen one Owen Farrell.

If we drop the rule I'd do what the Aussies did and make it a 60 cap rule or something similar.

Latest posts