• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Norton-Knight set to join Cardiff Blues

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
NSW fullback Sam Norton-Knight has revealed he is set to join the Cardiff Blues in Wales, clearing the path for the Waratahs to recruit Drew Mitchell from the Western Force. Norton-Knight, 25, is yet to put pen to paper on the lucrative three-year contract that Cardiff have offered him, but he hopes to sign it before the Waratahs' round-three Super 14 match against the Highlanders at the Sydney Football Stadium on Friday night.

"It looks like I am going," he said yesterday after being named at No.15 in the NSW side. "I am looking at a draft contract. Nothing has been signed yet, but we will line something up."[/b]

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/sa...5237649307.html

Will he go to Cardiff as a 10 or a 15?

At 10 Robinson looks like he'll be going somewhere, either Sale or I have heard some little rumours that the Ospreys are tracking him =|. Also Sweeney isn't good enough and will probably be shipped back to the Dragons. Dave Walder seems to be coming from Wasps and they have youth coming through in the form of Dai Flanagan, but he just isn't being given game time. :huh:
I think he can also play centre, with Shanklin and Alfie getting on and Jamie Robinson off to Toulon he may be deployed there.
Best bet is at 15, as the long-term replacement for Ben Blair, but as shown he'll come over firstly as a utility back. Which is what he's been at the Tahs.

has Robinson definitely signed with Toulon or is it just a case of being linked with a move there like every other player negotiating a new contract?

Don't see Blair going anywhere with the 15 spot sewn up at a side doing so well at the moment (unless theres another French deal on the table lol), and with both Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts as cover, he's surely going at a 10. I've heard Nicky Robinson isn't sure if he's staying on at the Blues, talks about a French move for him also. Sounds like a good signing for the Blues in one of their troublesome areas, either instead of Nicky or so we don't have to see Sweeney **** things up again. Bit of a snub for Flannagan who looked promising before his injury.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 24 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
has Robinson definitely signed with Toulon or is it just a case of being linked with a move there like every other player negotiating a new contract?[/b]
Well during commentary at the Glasgow game, Gareth Charles was talking like he'd already signed, so I think it's likely he'll be playing in France next year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 24 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 24 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
has Robinson definitely signed with Toulon or is it just a case of being linked with a move there like every other player negotiating a new contract?[/b]
Well during commentary at the Glasgow game, Gareth Charles was talking like he'd already signed, so I think it's likely he'll be playing in France next year.
[/b][/quote]

well if he has signed, more fool him, looking ominous for Toulon at the moment.

Yeah, he'll be gutted. Sitting on the bench for a second division side in the south of France making three times the money he's on now. :p

I would have thought there'd be clauses in the contracts where they won't get paid the same if Toulon aren't in the Top 14.

well I did get that but even if he was happy to go and sit on the bench for a Pro D2 side then he shouldn't be doing it on Top 14 wages.

Ben Blair signed a three year contract with Cardiff Blues last January, so this is long overdue big-ish name signing at no.10 for Cardiff.

This is a decent signing I would say. Dai Flannagan may feel a bit aggrieved, but at the same time he can work under norton-knight for a bit longer and play in the magners league. Sweeny is third choice in my opinion/a waste of space.

It means Jason Spice is definatly leaving the arms park this year so our quota of overseas players is stretched anymore than it should be. Thank god for that.

Give us a decent number 9 now and Id say that backline is looking pretty dangerous.

9. Cooper?
10. Norton-Knight
11. Lee Halfpenny
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Tom Shanklin
14. Tom James/Gareth Thomas
15. Ben Blair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 24 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is Peel not a target of the Blues as well?[/b]

Im not sure. I personally haven't heard that from anywhere? Id prefer Peel dont get me wrong, he gets injured far less of the time. However most of the rumours down here point to Cooper and that he has pretty much signed a two year deal with Cardiff.

To be honest I've not heard alot about the situation with Peel. If he is leaving Sale to return to Wales, then I assume that unless we offer him more money, which is unlikely, then he will return to the Scarlets.

If money is his agenda and not being in Wales, we may see another player off to France...

If Peel returns to Wales, I can't see it being anywhere else than back to the Scarlets. He's a Llanelli boy through and through, like Stephen Jones.

Coopers a top player, back to neer his best during the summer and autumn, would improve the Blues backline immensly (I don't rate Spice or Rees), then have Allinson coming through as backup (better than Martyn Roberts and both those half wits at the O's).

All I see and hear is blah blah blah this and that and alot of drivel!

Here's some facts that were even said off the TV

Nicky Robinson has said that is brother has been to Toulon to discuss a contract offer
Nicky Robinson has discussed a contact with Sale
Dwayne Peel is a target for the Blues
Gareth Cooper is a target for the Blues
If Sam Norton-Knight signs then he will play at 10 or 13 for the Blues

oh and the Blues are set to announce the future of two Blues players and apparently to player singings!

EDIT: http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s170/st140642.htm

This is the fans forum for the Blues, this site is very knowledgeable about information regarding transfers!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 24 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and both those half wits at the O's.[/b]
Tbf, Rhodri Wells looks a good little player, with a nice, sharp pass and actually knows how to play rugby.
Rhys Webb is an absolute farce who should be packed off to Skewen Seconds as soon as possible.

Latest posts