• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa is the most improved International team!

Some of what he said was right, other things were just idiotic. Either way you don't go express it in public, you go straight to work source of the issues and deal with them like an adult, not like a petty child. It's no different to the Quade Cooper ordeal.

Some of what he said was right, other things were just idiotic. Either way you don't go express it in public, you go straight to work source of the issues and deal with them like an adult, not like a petty child. It's no different to the Quade Cooper ordeal.
Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, being honest. Yes blaming referee was stupid what think he said that in the heat of the moment. Best Samoa performance in a World Cup and they did not make it past the group stages, Personally I think they deserved more but they were drawn in a group with a very good Welsh side and a well rested SA unit.

There is when you've signed a contract saying you won't, and are being paid lots of money to so do.

Most of the Samoans players paid there own way in the RWC. They were only paid very little copared to the bigger teams. This compounded with the short turn around between games and the ref against SA and the internal problems with management. Yea I can understand his frustration! Eliota is a lawyer, he has invested a lot into Samoan rugby, not money but his time. He knew to make head line news, he had to be bold with his statements! and it worked, tier 2 nations will now have the same amount of rest as tier 1 nations in the next WC.

Here a vid I found of the awesome work he is doing for Samoan Rugby

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0iT1pZdVR4g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
That looks like a really interesting DVD. I can't wait to see it uce.

There is when you've signed a contract saying you won't, and are being paid lots of money to so do.
He signed it cause he thought every individual and team is going to be treated equally and fairly

Violence Violence Violence. That is how intimidation is done in rugby. Can't really blame Samoans for trying to rip some of the SA heads off. Playing at Loftus the final pillar standing of the Afrikaner, against big physical South Africans who likes to test your manhood.

Not much motivation needed. The match up basically promotes itself

Why should Eliouta stay off twitter. He is such a great friendly guy. He is honest say what he thinks. But he respects all

But he was right. Scheduling of so called minnows rediconculas

He should stay off twitter because he compared with equal value the unfair schedualing in Rugby World Cup matches, which were schedualed unfairly for commercial reasons- to the genocide of six millions jews and slavery...

He loses his temper because of the results of a rugby game so he accuses referees of racism, which frankly is one of the most socially irresponsible things anyone can do when it's baseless. Despicable defamation of character. Taking pot shots at players via social media. Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu is a classless big mouth and in my opinion the worst role-model in the game.

He should stay off twitter because he compared with equal value the unfair schedualing in Rugby World Cup matches, which were schedualed unfairly for commercial reasons- to the genocide of six millions jews and slavery...

He loses his temper because of the results of a rugby game so he accuses referees of racism, which frankly is one of the most socially irresponsible things anyone can do when it's baseless. Despicable defamation of character. Taking pot shots at players via social media. Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu is a classless big mouth and in my opinion the worst role-model in the game.
Fair point. His comparisons might be a bit over the line.

But you got to remember playing against South Africa is not a cake. Especially with only 4 days rest.

One of the English coaches (can't remember its name) wrote the following:

South Africa will be fired up for this contest. One of the things I came to understand as I helped coach the national team was just how much the opposition wanted to beat the English – speaking as an Australian, I can only think it's the price you pay for centuries of empire-building and world domination – and the Boks being the Boks, they take serious pride in dishing it out in the direction of the red rose. I'll be honest here: during my time on the England staff, some players had what amounted to a hang-up about South African physicality, to the extent that on one occasion, I saw a key player putting up his hand to be substituted.

Any form of exercise. The more intense it is, the more "after burn" (EPOC) there will be. EPOC takes about 36 hours which is already a day and a half. For rugby players it will be more than that considering their muscle weight being much more.

Latest posts