LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Samoa Squad

Wayne Ole Avei, Ma'atulimanu Leiataua, Viliamu Afatia, Census Johnston, Anthony Perenise, Sakaria Taulafo, Kane Thompson, Teofilo Paulo, Iosefa Tekori, Faatiga Lemalu, Alafoti Faosiliva, Jack Lam, Ofisa Trevarinus, Maurie Faasavalu, TJ Ioane, Kahn Fotualii, Peleifofoga Cowley, Tusiata Pisi, Michael Stanley, Alofa Alofa, Ken Pisi, Alesana Tuilagi, Faialaga Afamasaga, Johnny Leota, Paul Perez, Tim Nanai-Williams, Ah See Tuala.

Mulipola is a big loss for them.

I thought Census Johnston had retired from international rugby?
Or is that just from the RWC?

Alesana Tuilagi but no Sinoti Sinoti?
I know Tuilagi is a bit of a legend, but he's several years past his best.

Last edited:

I heard that was the general conCensus*

*actually I have no idea, I just wanted to make that joke

Alesana Tuilagi but no Sinoti Sinoti?
I know Tuilagi is a bit of a legend, but he's several years past his best.

Genuinely baffling call that one. Can't work it out. Several other players like Lemi and Tagicakibau also had better seasons for their clubs as well.

A strong squad for Samoa, Questioning how Sinoti Sinoti is not there but his team mate Alesana Tuilagi is in there. Is Sinoti injured ?. Is Rey Lee-Lo also injured ? thought he deserved a spot.

A strong squad for Samoa, Questioning how Sinoti Sinoti is not there but his team mate Alesana Tuilagi is in there. Is Sinoti injured ?. Is Rey Lee-Lo also injured ? thought he deserved a spot.

Rey Lee-Lo is likely to feature off the bench in the Super Rugby final for the Hurricanes on Saturday, and probably hasn't been included for the same reason that the Highlanders and Huricanes players won't feature for the All Blacks; this test being played only four days after that final

I wouldnt have a clue why some of the NH based players aren't included - maybe the clubs said no?

I wouldnt have a clue why some of the NH based players aren't included - maybe the clubs said no?
Cant see why they would, especially as there's a number of NH based players in there. Tuilagi and Sinoti are on the same team, as are Ken and George Pisi and Lemi and Lam.

Maybe the Samoan coaches just wanted to select this way and are using it as part of their world cup prep/to get as many players game time as they can?

I mean Lemi and G Pisi will surely be involved in the RWC squad, presumably Sinoti too (if they've seen him play for even 5 seconds this season anyway!).

Cant see why they would, especially as there's a number of NH based players in there. Tuilagi and Sinoti are on the same team, as are Ken and George Pisi and Lemi and Lam.

Maybe the Samoan coaches just wanted to select this way and are using it as part of their world cup prep/to get as many players game time as they can?

I mean Lemi and G Pisi will surely be involved in the RWC squad, presumably Sinoti too (if they've seen him play for even 5 seconds this season anyway!).

Yep, I just thought that maybe Tuilagi might be less of a risk (from the club's point of view) to be released, than Sinoti, so they say Ok to Tuilagi, but not Sinoti.

As you say, maybe the Samoan coaching staff are going to include those players that missed selection, but are managing their playing time; it's definitely an historic test, with players in both teams with Samoan heritage wanting to be a part of it, but it is a one off test that needs to be used to try potential RWC players out too, so maybe there are a few fringe players included.

Biggest loss for me is Taiasina Tuifua. IMO he's been the most consistent performer for Samoa for last 5 years. Unfortunately I think he's out for family reasons.

I just hope the coach picks Joe Tekori to start who would be a real handful for the blacks as he was for the Springboks in RWC2011.

I agree with above posts re-Tuilagi. No time for nostalgia here, its history and for that we need our best on the park. I couldn't imagine Alesana has got quicker since 2011.

I suspect they gonna play Ken Pisi at Fullback which for me is a mistake.

Very happy Census is back. I just hope he is refreshed.

Is Wayne Ole Avei the same Ole Avei that played for the reds? Also Alofa Alofa - former tahs player right?

Genuinely baffling call that one. Can't work it out. Several other players like Lemi and Tagicakibau also had better seasons for their clubs as well.

Completely agree, Sinoti Sinoti, was one of the best wingers in the Prem last year, very very underated.. Get Lemi in, an ok Samoan team.

But as with all the pacific island teams they don't have good 10's! though i would actually play nani williams at 10, he has the stature and skill..

Sinoti Sinoti has made himself unavailable for this historic match for family reasons. Injuries have forced coaches to recall census from retirement. Players not considered due to injury: David Lemi (neck), James Johnson (calf), George Pisi (knee), and Faifili Levave (calf ).
My starting XV vs AB's1. Sakaria Taulafo
2. Wayne Ole Avei
3. Cencus Johnston
4. Teofilo Paulo
5. Iosefa Tekori
6. T J Ioane
7. Jack Lam
8. Ofisa Treviranus

9. Kahn Fotualii
10. Tusiata Pisi
11. Alesana Tuilagi
12. Johnny Leota
13. Tim Nanai Williams
14. Alofa Alofa
15. Ken Pisi

16. Maatulimanu Leiataua
17. Anothony Perenise
18. Kane Thompson
19. Maurie Faasavalu
20. Peleifofoga Cowley
21. Micheal Stanley
22. Ah See Tuala
23. Alafoti Faosiliva

[MENTION][/MENTION]
Is Wayne Ole Avei the same Ole Avei that played for the reds? Also Alofa Alofa - former tahs player right?

No think he is guy at Bordeux and looks a solid player.

Also good to see big trev is he captain.

Has Ken Pisi played much fullback?
I remember the first time he played there for Saints and it was arguably the worst fullback play I've ever seen - even worse than Monye for England!

Has Ken Pisi played much fullback?
I remember the first time he played there for Saints and it was arguably the worst fullback play I've ever seen - even worse than Monye for England!

It was George Pisi who had a mare for Saints a few years back.

Latest posts