• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sanzar Cup Mod

A

ama1

Here is a patch which combines teams from the Air New Zealand Cup, Currie Cup in South Africa and Mazda Australian Rugby Championship.
I couldn't be bothered doing minikits, so I replaced them with team logos for each team.
Logos, rosters team names have been done, but you will need to either download or create playing kits for each team.
(Look for the kits that have already been created by Jawmalawm, Faatau82 and others in the forums)
The European trophy teams have been replaced by South African, Australian and New Zealand domestic teams.

To install, do the following;
1.) Place the file Sanzar Cup.zip and Default Logos and teams.zip files into your main rugby 08 directory
(where the main rugby 08 exe file is located)
2.) Place the Sanzar.ros folder into your " my documents/EA SPORTS™Rugby 08 folder"
3.) To play the Sanzar Cup, just extract the Sanzar.zip file (which should have been placed in your main rugby 08 directory)
4.) To undo the patch, and revert back to the default teams and logos, just extract the "Default logos and teams.zip file to
overwrite the Sanzar Cup Patch. You can then use your own default roster to restore all your teams.

Changes are as follows;

Auckland - replaces NEC Harlequins
Wellington - replaces Bristol
Canterbury - replaces Bath
Waikato - replaces Gloucester
Bay Of Plenty - replaces Sale
Southland - replaces Saracens
Taranaki - replaces Northhampton
Counties Manukau - replaces Treviso
North Harbour - Leicester
Hawkes Bay - replaces Worcester
Tasman - London Wasps
Otago - replaces London Irish
Manawatu - replaces Brescia
Northland - replaces Newcastle
Blue Bulls - replaces Bourgoin
Golden Lions - replaces Biarritz
Wildeklawer Griquas - replaces Leinster
Boland kavaliers - replaces Paris / Stade De Paris
Western Province - replaces Perpignan
Natal Sharks - replaces Castres
Free State Cheetahs - replaces Clermont
Valke Falcons - replaces Toulouse
Ballymore Tornadoes - replaces Newport Gwent
East Coast Aces - replaces Llanelli
Sydney Fleet - replaces Glasgow
West Sydney Rams - replaces Cardiff
Canberra Vikings - replaces Neath Swansea
Perth Spirit - replaces Ulster
Melbourne Rebels - replaces Edinburgh
Central Coast Rays - replaces Munster

Here is the link (You need winrar to unpack the files)
http://files.filefront.com/Sanzar+Cup+Modr...;/fileinfo.html

so if you wanted to play a tournament would this be overwriting the ET. Also does this work with our ANZ cup which overwrites the guiness premiership???

did you create kits for all these teams?? if so, wow

i did a melbourne rebels kit for shits and giggles but didn't bother putting it up here because i thought nobody would want it :p

i will be downloading this and checking it out soon. got any screen shots to post?

In response to Tommo's question, this patch replaces the European Trophy. No kits have been made for any of the teams - so you will have to find some in the forums somewhere. All this patch does is rename all the teams, replace the team logos for each team, team rosters have changed and minikits are replaced by Team Logo's.
I have also placed a default zip file in there - so that the changes can be reversed, enabling a quick method of playing the European Trophy again (without having to re-install the game).

Also, I will keep this patch seperate from the Air NZ Cup patch. I have created better looking logos for the Air NZ cup (instead of three colours on a boring background). I will place these in the Air NZ Cup Mod section.
I have put this patch in this thread, because I plan on helping out with the Air NZ Cup Mod, until it is finished - and anyone willing to create jerseys for this patch and update it - can use the mod as a template.

Yip, Just post the kit into this thread if you can. I started making a Sydney Fleet and West Sydney Rams Kits and might post those once finished. Im no good with Photoshop, so I think I should leave the kit making up to the experts.

I've created all the kits for the ANZ Cup but just trying to fix them up now little things like adding logos and stuff but I could help out with the remaining Australian kits if you's would like me to. Whoevers already done kits could you upload some screenshots just so if I do make some kits I can try keep them looking similar.

this is what my rebels kit looks like, who should I email it to so it's added to the project?

imagebd2.jpg

probably B-rad.

Another question B-rad. If we install both this patch and the ANZ cup patch would the double up of teams + kits + minikits overwrite each other and you end up with the Guiness premiership as being the ANZ cup, and the European Trophy as the combined tournament and also play now with all the of the provinical teams? If so, sweet.

One more thing, you can use my ANZ cup minikits for this if you want.

this is what my rebels kit looks like, who should I email it to so it's added to the project?

imagebd2.jpg
[/b]
That's a good kit I wish I had the skill to keep the detail and stuff but yep you should email it to B-rad because he knows what teams he's gonna be doing for the Aus part of the patch.

I have just made an East Coast Aces kit. I will post it into this thread soon. If anyone has created any kits for the Australian or South African teams, just post the link to the file in this thread.

can i email you my rebels kit?

you will need to rename the .big and .fsh files to replace your desired team

pm me your email addr?

sent rebels kit to b-rad..

i'll try to put together some balls. what does everyone think?

gilbert ball with GILBERT and tri nations logos?

what colours should I use? green and black on a white ball?

Just a quick question...What is the easiest way of importing numbers onto the back of each kit (The Fsh file).
Does anyone have a template with all the numbers as seperate layers?

Never mind. I made a kitback template myself. It is in Psd format (Photoshop)

Here is the link.
http://files.filefront.com/Kit+Back+Templa...;/fileinfo.html

This should help make kit mods easy and quick.

A background layer is used for making the main kit pattern. (Plain White)
22 seperate layers are used for adding numbers to the back of each player.
I have also put in a few logos, (generic ones - such as Qantas, Nike, Reebok, Vodafone, Canterbury, Kooga..etc)

The numbers are currently green, but its just a simple matter of colouring them in to match your kit.

So, All you need to do now is make one main background layer.
Add a number
Cut and paste or use the supplied logos and voila!

Import into FshEd once done

opinions on this sanzar cup ball? obviously the sanzar logo, and green, gold, black and silver to represent the competing nations.

sanzarballno7.jpg

bugger, i forgot to apply the mesh so it's looks more realistic.. gimme a second

Latest posts