• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens - Harlequins (31/03/2012, 15:00)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Aviva Premiership.png

Wembley Stadium (31/03/2012, 15:00)
Saracens.png
Versus Prem.png
Harlequins.png

Live on Sky Sports​

I've got a fair amount of experience teaching kids, and I'm feeling a very familiar feeling. You know that kid who is literally so stupid that no matter how much you tell them something, they still get it wrong? That kid that wears your patience so thin that you have no option but to scream your head off?

That kid is Matt Stevens. He makes no attempt to bind in the scrums, whatsoever. I don't know why, because it results in a collapse and a Quins penalty.

Besides Stevens' presence, looks like a good game.

I'm excited for Vunipola to come on, and for Quins to get a yellow card - both of which should have happened before half time.

Old dogs, new tricks and all that.

I'm intrested to see Vunipola on, be the first time I've seen him since he left us and want to see how he has improved.

It's a good game so far, both teams playing well and threatening tries

yellow card, about time too. quins have been lucky so far, especially with lots of forward passes. either way they deserve to be winning by a few...

what defence from Quins. I'd be surprised if they can play like that again this season, but they'll win the prem if they do.

Massive result for Quins. Saffies have been a real bogey team. 3 tries to 1 should always deserve the win

As for the penalties. Think the ref got a touch of the 'old traffords' early on. Some very odd decisions.

Because Hodgson is a far superior 10 :huh:

Good result for Quins, some very nice tries scored.

I was at the game (club wembley is very good, would definitely recommend it) and it was an interesting game. Crowd were actually genuinely interested and no mexican waves to be seen anywhere. Everyone far more well behaved than the average Twickenham mob which was nice.

Not having Barritt, Burger and Saul in the squad really showed. Turner Hall from what I saw was a wrecking ball and elsewhere there were loose tackles from Saracens everywhere. I'd say the first two tries could have been shut out with some decent defence. Simply put if you cloned Quins and replayed the moves for the first two tries they wouldn't have happened :-/

Speaking of the defence it was doing precisely what Sarries were doing last season: heaping pressure on the attacking side. So intense that it was causing Sarries to keep passing the ball into touch (4 forced errors of that kind I believe, each partly caused by Quins getting in Saracen's faces quickly).

At the end of the day it shows how tight the two teams are. That Quins can surge ahead but then see such a ferocious fightback by Sarries to produce an exciting game of rugby indicates that Rugby in London is in rude health.

As for the yellow cards. Meh. Care doing what scrum halves do and Easter will always be Easter.

well, result aside I found this game utterly gripping, so I'm glad there were no mexican waves. we know quins can play exciting rugby, but considering Sarries had the ball for most of the game, I thought there was a lot of intent shown to get the ball wide - came down to outstanding Quins defence/ strettle errors that stopped us scoring. Really good advert for the premiership, this... (and no dirty, unsporting acts from the east midlands either!)

I was at the game (club wembley is very good, would definitely recommend it) and it was an interesting game. Crowd were actually genuinely interested and no mexican waves to be seen anywhere. Everyone far more well behaved than the average Twickenham mob which was nice.

Not having Barritt, Burger and Saul in the squad really showed. Turner Hall from what I saw was a wrecking ball and elsewhere there were loose tackles from Saracens everywhere. I'd say the first two tries could have been shut out with some decent defence. Simply put if you cloned Quins and replayed the moves for the first two tries they wouldn't have happened :-/

Speaking of the defence it was doing precisely what Sarries were doing last season: heaping pressure on the attacking side. So intense that it was causing Sarries to keep passing the ball into touch (4 forced errors of that kind I believe, each partly caused by Quins getting in Saracen's faces quickly).

At the end of the day it shows how tight the two teams are. That Quins can surge ahead but then see such a ferocious fightback by Sarries to produce an exciting game of rugby indicates that Rugby in London is in rude health.

As for the yellow cards. Meh. Care doing what scrum halves do and Easter will always be Easter.

Your favorite holiday?

the Twickenham mob?

really, they are hardly hooligans, more like hooray Henry's

Eh I was thinking more of the usual antics like throwing cardboard aeroplanes with the bits of card that they get given, random crap like that.

Certainly wasn't comparing the Twickers crowd to hooligans but just those kinds of antics which annoys me thats all.

Latest posts