• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens secure Gill from Blues

C

Cymro

Promising former Wales Under-21 loose-head prop Rhys Gill has joined Saracens from Cardiff Blues.

The 18-stone 22-year-old impressed Saracens scrum coach Cobus Visagie with his work at the set piece.

"Rhys is a strong scrummager, who has proved his worth with several outstanding performances recently," said director of rugby Brendan Venter.

"Cobus Visagie has identified his talent, and we are confident Rhys will play his part at Saracens next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ens/8055195.stm

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ May 18 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
"Cobus Visagie has identified his talent, and we are confident Rhys will play his part at Saracens next season for the reserves and maybe a cameo while the Springboks are away.[/b]

Finished

This is a pitty imo. He got a couple of appearances for the Blues towards the end of this season, and I was impressed with what I saw. He's obviously got a very solid set piece (always useful) and he's a mobile guy. Very dissapointed to see a quality youngster like this leave Wales, isn't there a place for him in one of the regions, surely he's better than Paul James at the O's lol?

I don't think its a pity at all. I think its great that Sarries are getting a really promising guy who will hopefully get to show us what he's made of week in week out for a Guinness Premiership Club..I think he'll do really well under Corbus Visagie's supervision.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 20 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think its a pity at all. I think its great that Sarries are getting a really promising guy who will hopefully get to show us what he's made of week in week out for a Guinness Premiership Club..I think he'll do really well under Corbus Visagie's supervision.[/b]

that's because you're a Sarries fan, bit of a different mindset from the supporters of the team your signing him off :p
Though hopefully they'll give him plenty of game time (as he wasn't likely to start ahead of Gethin Jenkins for any of the big games) and he will hopefully come back to Wales a much better player. Good luck to him.

He'll be back, injuries permitting there are still about 15 years max in his career including a decades worth of international fun and games.

We'll take good care of him. Could be worse, he could have been signed to Gloucester...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 20 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He'll be back, injuries permitting there are still about 15 years max in his career including a decades worth of international fun and games.

We'll take good care of him. Could be worse, he could have been signed to Gloucester...[/b]

Ther'll be hell to play if you don't :angry: :p And true with teh Gloucetster point...reminds me of someone called Nicky <_<

Saracens may have the PR ability of Gordon Brown and the management equal to David Brent but the coaches, players and fans will give him a warm welcome.....

...with STICKS! :%#%#:

Well you're gonna need a fair few sticks...as the Saffers are coming to town...

Well..kind of..it didn't quite turn out like that. See my comments about David Brent management.

Latest posts