• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens sign Strettle

B

Bullitt

There must be some very creative accounting going on in Watford if they're still within the wage cap...

More of a name signing then a player on form surely? When he's not injured, he's shite these days.

Hold on:

Originally posted by 'Strettle'
David Strettle said: "Everybody in rugby can see there is something special happening at Saracens, and I am looking forward to being part of it."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ("Tonga'huia")</div>
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/sar...tar_Tonga_uiha/
I have enjoyed my time in Northampton, but everyone can see there is a real energy around Saracens at the moment,[/b]

Do Saracens PR team tell them word for word what to say or something?

Couple of Seasons ago he was one of my fav players but the last 2 he has been pretty invisible.
Still sad to see him go,,

I'm puzzled myself. They were saying for ages that they were looking for a winger but whenever Strettle's name was mentioned they kept insisting they were looking for a more "substantial player" so we were thinking a big Fijian winger or an English RL guy or something.

We knew Delboy (Richard Haughton) was moving on sadly (huge loss I believe) but this is a bit out of the blue.

Again, not quite sure what to make of it. Should we start a game of metatarsal bingo or something? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rocket Singh @ Mar 25 2010, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm puzzled myself. They were saying for ages that they were looking for a winger but whenever Strettle's name was mentioned they kept insisting they were looking for a more "substantial player" so we were thinking a big Fijian winger or an English RL guy or something.

We knew Delboy (Richard Haughton) was moving on sadly (huge loss I believe) but this is a bit out of the blue.

Again, not quite sure what to make of it. Should we start a game of metatarsal bingo or something? :huh:[/b]

To quote Papa Roach, Last Resort.

Sounds to me the "substantial" wingers either didn't want to come or had a better offer. Still could be worse, could have signed Banahan :lol:

Well as invisible as he may seem, statistics show he has the most line breaks this season, soooo Sarries have made a good siging either way! Plus he may get recalled to England giving Sarries more money back from the RFU... anyway where the hell are they getting all this financial backing???

I wonder who'll take the spot on the other wing now? Harlequins are spoilt for choice with good young back 3 players, although Williams or Camacho are probably best bets.
I would also like to see Sam Smith and Seb Stegmann given more gametime. Both have looked pretty good at U20 level and the few times they've made 1st team appearances.

Latest posts