• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens to start against Clermont

tinchy17

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
Saracens are going to start their Heineken Cup campaign against French side Clermont Auvergne in France in October

"Saracens will begin their 2010/11 Heineken Cup challenge with a clash at French champions Clermont Auvergne.

Sarries travel to the Stade Marcel Michelin on Saturday 9th October while the following weekend in round two, Leinster are the visitors to Saracens on Saturday 16th October, kick off is 5.45pm.

The back to back fixtures in December sees Saracens player Racing Metro 92. In round three, the Paris-based side makes the trip across the English Channel on Saturday 11th December, kick off is 3.30pm. In round four, Sarries travel to Paris on Friday 17th December, kick off is 9pm at the Stade Yves du Manoir.

All of Saracens fixtures in the opening four rounds will be broadcast live on TV.

Saracens travel to Leinster in round five on the weekend of 14/15/16 January 2011 and finish the pool stages with a home clash against Clermont Auvergne on the weekend of 21/22/23 January.

The fixtures for rounds five and six will be confirmed upon the completion of round four."

I thought the fixtures would all be confirmed together!

I think they leave the last two rounds to see how the groups are shaping up and then pick the best matches for the television slots.
I didn't know how tough this group was! Along with ours, 'tis the group of Death!!

I think they leave the last two rounds to see how the groups are shaping up and then pick the best matches for the television slots.
I didn't know how tough this group was! Along with ours, 'tis the group of Death!!

You have Munster in your group. That's going to be a tough one!

Yeah, and London Irish and Toulon. Great!! Every ******* year!!!

Poor Ospreys. They're the best region in Wales in my opinion, and having to endure hard Heineken Cup matches must be difficult.

Latest posts