• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens v Bath

A

An Tarbh

Saracens.png
Bath.png

Saracens v Bath

Venue: Vicarage Road Date: Sunday, 15 March Kick-off: 1300

Saracens have called on the services of second rows Kris Chesney and Tom Ryder for Sunday's visit of Bath, with Chris Jack reverting to the back row.

Rodd Penney replaces hamstring victim Noah Cato and Brad Barritt starts at inside centre.

Nick Abendanon returns for Bath, but Shontayne Hape (knee) is ruled out.

David Flatman comes in at prop, Justin Harrison returns to lock and Daniel Browne takes Jonny Faamatuainu's place at number eight.

Saracens: Goode; Haughton, Ratuvou, Barritt, Penney; Jackson, Marshall; Aguero, Cairns, Mercey; Ryder, Chesney; Jack, Van Heerden (capt), Skirving.
Replacements: Walker, Visagie, Melck, Seymour, Wilson, Ross, Powell.

Bath: Abendanon; Maddock, Crockett (capt), Berne, Banahan; James, Bemand; Flatman, Hawkins, Bell; Harrison, Short; Hooper, Scaysbrook, Browne.
Replacements: Lilley, Jarvis, Beattie, Faamatuainu, Baxter, Cheeseman, Higgins.

BBC Sport

Have to say full credit to Saracens for turning this one around... Bath were so in control at one point I expected them to post up a cricket score yet Saracens ended up with a BP win and didn't land a single kick at goal all game.

And to think you sat through the English game. :rolleyes: I pity you.
At least I can watch it now because I remembered to record it. Not to brag or anything. :D

And holy Christ, Ratavue killed Abendanon. o_O

Rounds up a fine weekend. Wins for Glos,England a loss for Bath and a moral defeat for Wales. Graet try at the end though for the Saracen back-row(cant remember his name)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 15 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
. Graet try at the end though for the Saracen back-row(cant remember his name)[/b]

Excellent finish that. My initial reaction was that he'd been put into touch but the replays showed what a quality finish it was.

Can't remember the last time I saw a length of the pitch try. He actually picked up a couple of metres in goal.

Interesting experiment by Sarries - to ban points from the boot!

The names Barrell, Don Barrell and the guy is genuinely quite good. Him and Andy Saul do make up a great partnership but sadly Barrell is one of the casualties of all this nasty business with SAIL.

He may stay...maybe...

Latest posts