Saracens v Biarritz

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Saracens.png
Saracens v Biarritz
Biarritz.png
</div>

Can't believe I forgot this one, anyway it certainly up there with being the match of the weekend, a massive game which could see Sarries take a huge step towards qualification or we could see a giant reawake if Biarritz can reproduce some of the previous away victories.

Either way it should be a cracker with Glasgow looking on anxiously and hoping that Sarries get the win to keep their chances alive, without the bonus of course.

Always great when the results have impacts elsewhere, makes this tournament so exciting at this stage.

So will Biarritz find some form on the road or can Sarries get the job done???

Teams - TBC

Considering how Saracens have coughed and spluttered in their last three or four matches this is going to be a BIG ask. Luckily, Biarritz are having a damp patch of their own right now.

Me and IBB are going to be in attendance and will give our verdicts...er..um..eventually.

Didn't want to mention Sarries recent form, but again like other teams it's possible that they had their minds on this game???

They've been in sixes and sevens with all this new south african investment crap and Eddie Jones inbound for 08/09 that I don't think they even realise that theres a match on this Saturday.

The Gaffer is taking absolutely no chances this time. He's basically recalled every heavyweight forward he's can get his hands on for this one.

Also, HALEJUJAH! Saracens fans are clubbing together to put on some pre and post match antics with the help of the local rugby pub Druids (just down the road from Watford Junction by the way Charlie if you come for the Empty-Bath vs Saracens game) and we'll be providing entertainment, booze and BBQ for 100 Biarritz fans....and a red indian chief? :huh:

and we'll be providing entertainment, booze and BBQ for 100 Biarritz fans... :huh:
[/b]

Well, please provide also a boxes of antidepressant for them...There are not in a nice mental conditions this season...

BTZ is in the 4th position in TOP14, but they must have praid or made favors to be the beneficiairies of such a miracle.
I usually find them a poor game style, but their strongness make them win against all logic. From the beginning they are so poor that they should better be in the last four than in the last first. Forward passes, uncontrol even without pressure, lack of any creation (I can understand that in the position they are it's not really time to enter any creation mode), direct lineout kicks, and so on...

Dewi Morris must be cursing this Biarritz side. After nearly a quarter of the match, Saracens took the lead with a penalty, but on the restart, they have a kick charged down and a try scored. Biarritz are now 3 - 10 in front after a penalty. Anyone think they can force Dewi to commit suicide? :(

We can only hope so.

16-13 for Prestwick to cheer. Being as nobody else supports them.

Edit: Make that 21-13 as Chris Jack scores the easiest try of his career.

Good stuff from Vyvyan and Jack. Sarries attitude in the last ten minutes was great. They will do some damage.

Anyone else think Betsen is past it? I think he's getting middle age spread.

Biarritz just have absoloutely no confidence, they never looked like making a proper game in the whole match. Ngwenya was invisible again, but i thought Brusque was one of their few good players. Awesome second half by the Sarries though, they have a really nice mix of experience and youth. Great performance by Chris Jack, always getting over the gain line and scoring two tries, Vivyan was brilliant as well.

Thats pretty much sewn up P1 for Saracens, congrats to them.

My god. So hungover. The hangover of triumph will not wash away so easily, but my god it was worth it just to see such a superb 2nd half performance.

Me and IBB rolled into Watford town (now all encased in solid gold thanks to our new noble and proud South African overlords) and had a few pints at the usually packed Druids rugby pub (just down the road from Watford junction on the way to Vicarage Road. The stadium looked rather good with 9,000 odd in there, they do a much better job at making sure everyone is together in the West, South and Upper/Lower Rous stands and it impressed even the high standards of IBB (which basically consist of "for f***s sakes guys, quit the yapping and lets play some rugby!")

Anyway, play had already gotten underway but Saracens were suspiciously like how they were when they started against Viadana in Italy: edgy, flat and lethargic. Luckily for us, Biarritz were in no mood to play any rugby and opted mostly to kick when any serious runner could have made some damage. However, after a Saracens penalty resulted in Bizza taking a very quick restart, not even a 110 year old Great War veteran could have refused the opportunity to run and score a try...so it went and after a penalty against the men in black, Bizza were up 10 points to 3! Crazy!

So, things were looking a bit ominous but then again, the way Biarritz were playing we knew it wasn't rocket science and we realised that someone must have put on "Gay Bar" by Electric Six and made the men in black pole dance as punishment for their awful conduct because, like in Italy, Saracens came out with the fire in their eyes!

Brilliant play from here on. Biarritz kept trying to kick for touch but every time it was just coming back to Brent Russell or Neil de Kock who returned it with superb runs and offloads to the waiting arms of Hugh Vivvian and Chris Jack.

Jack was superb, absolutely legendary and the more I watch guys like him the more I realise what an absolute scandal it is that all the praise and adulation in New Zealand is heaped on the backs while the forwards get bugger all credit. Seriously. Graham Henry spends years crafting a superbly balanced pack that can even send the shivers running up the Springboks and do they ever get any attention? Apart from Richie McCaw, no. Not a sausage and that ain't right.

Anyway, I could go on about the tries, the breaks, the runs and how Saracens ran riot but I was too busy dancing around and growling in approval and this was possibly the first time the Saracens crowd have ever been so loud in approval as it sunk in that we had just booked a quarter final berth in the HEC. The players came back out and everyone just went wild. It was great, genius.

Afterwards it was back to druids where the 150 Bizza fans were and we all drank, sang and chewed the rugby fat. Some of the Saracens players turned up and we all drunkenly interrogated them on various things. I for one managed to find Saracens wizzy man and scourge of hair wax and perma-tanned wimp Percy Montgomery Dan Scarborough! Asking him about his crunching tackle on Percy the little engine who couldn't, (I think) he said:

How did I feel? Well it bloody hurt for a start![/b]

He said with a big grin, obviously, he didn't let modesty get in the way of enjoying putting away wussy toyboys and knocking the fake tan off of them! :D

Anyway, fantastic result, looking forward to the Quarter Final and teaching what for to whoever has the balls to come our way!

What a performance in the second half! :) First half=crap second half=awesome.

I thought sarries where in for a long night after the first twenty minutes or so.But they came out and absolutely f**king humped them. :eek:

Latest posts