• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens v Harlequins (Sun)

Yeah should be an interesting match considering where they both are in the table. I was up at the quins training ground yesterday and had a quick word with Tani Fuga who seemed confident about winning at Vicarage road.

This is going to be Sarries make or break match. They MUST get maximum points here to make full use of the Six Nations period!!! End of story!

I think Saracens will manage it and guys like Adam Powell are really starting to shine for Sarries! :D

This is going to be Sarries make or break match. They MUST get maximum points here to make full use of the Six Nations period!!! End of story!

I think Saracens will manage it and guys like Adam Powell are really starting to shine for Sarries! :D
[/b]

True, but it's also a must win for quins if they want to make Europe. I think Sarries will nick this one. Home advantage, plus taking into account the score when they played at the Stoop just befor xmas (i think it was 20-22).

I'm just curious to see how Danny Care does. He is meant to be a "star of the future" according to the Metro.

3 - 15 for Quins at HT.

Saracens look poor and will be desparate to turn this game around in the 2nd half.

Quins will be delighted... 2 well taken tries and playing all the smart rugby and showing a willingness to try things.

I'm just curious to see how Danny Care does. He is meant to be a "star of the future" according to the Metro. [/b]

I've been hyping him up for the past 2 years. So far he's not disappointed.

Danny Care has been superb so far, defiently has alot of talent...

Haha Fantastic by the Ref.... "Your all talking a load of rubbish, just be quiet"

Care gets MOM.

Very nice of Saracens to provide Quins with 40 mins of tackle practice although I think the Quins tackle bags in training probably have more flair than Sarries.

Ross isn't good enough to play at this level.

<div class='quotemain'>I'm just curious to see how Danny Care does. He is meant to be a "star of the future" according to the Metro. [/b]

I've been hyping him up for the past 2 years. So far he's not disappointed.
[/b][/quote]

Reckon he'll be the man in the number 9 shirt for 2011. By that first half display I'd like to think so.

Bit annoyed really. The girlfriend asked if I wanted to go to the pub for a quiet drink so i managed to subtly watch the first half. Now i'm at home watching dancing on ice. Great.

That's pretty much whay I've been saying, Care is easily the best young Scrum Half in the world.

You didn't miss much in the 2nd half. All Saracens posession witht the final score being 6-15 - all typical Saracens up-yer-jumper stuff and not going anywhere.

Shock horror, I watched this. I blame the dog for lying on my legs and therefore seriously imparing my ability to reach for the remote as I intended to watch Thursday's darts!

Saracens were poor, they will be unhappy with what they served up which surprised me because they looked like they were going to blitz the Quins in the first ten minutes. It all went rapidly downhill from there. The weather didn't help the game as a spectacle though - most unfortunate.

It was a very flat performance from Sarries but credit must go to Quins defence whos midfield tackled like demons. Glen Jacksons leadership was sorely missed as they had all the ball but couldnt do anything with it.I thought Richard Hill looks shot as a player which is a shame as he has been 1 of the greatest English flankers.

It exposes a huge problem with Saracens as Gordon Ross simply isn't working as a fly half for Saracens. We've got a serious problem as who to put in at that position when Glenn Jackson inevitably retires within the next 6 to 12 months.

I can see now who the "big club" who wanted to buy Johnny Wilkinson was now....

It exposes a huge problem with Saracens as Gordon Ross simply isn't working as a fly half for Saracens. We've got a serious problem as who to put in at that position when Glenn Jackson inevitably retires within the next 6 to 12 months.

I can see now who the "big club" who wanted to buy Johnny Wilkinson was now....
[/b]

Is there anyone coming through the ranks at Saracens for the future?

This is what is puzzling me about Alan Gaffney, we have some very talented youngesters from the Saracens Academdy currently sweating in the A-team. Guys like Noah Cato (wing), Alex Goode (fly-half and no relation to Andy), Tom Audley (Flanker) and Adam Powell (center) to name a few. But only Powell has been picked by the Gaffer because of a pressing need for centers.

Eddie Jones has said that money needs to be spent but this is puzzling because we have a load of great academy players raring to go. If we waste Alex Goode and he goes off to win illustrious honours with another club I'll be so angry with Saracens.

Latest posts