Saracens v Ospreys

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Saracens.png
Saracens v Ospreys
Ospreys.png
</div>

Well this one has certainly attracted a lot of attention here so now it's gloves off and let the real match slanging begin.

Can the Ospreys whose squad is bouyed by their grand slam exploits go to Vicarage Rd and take the prize of a home semi-final or will they returning home with their tails between their legs.

Ryan Jones has certainly been talking up their chances as you'd expect of any Welsh rugby player but will he have egg on his face come Sunday afternoon.

You get the impression that Sarries are quietly going about their business and could well get the job done despite the loss of the immense Chris Jack.

So what do we think, Sarries or Ospreys???

Wow... Flatter us with your prescense why doncha?!

As for the game, Sarries to challenge properly this time and maybe muddle through...

All stupid remarks aside, this is going to be one tough game. Saracens have the forwards to challenge (like we saw last time) and the backs are very dangerous with ball in hand...how can Brent Russel not be considered dangerous?
I, however, feel confident about the game. I believe that we have a great pack which can make us do the grunt work as necessary and with the flip of a switch we can turn on the classy backs play.

I think Ospreys by 8...but we've been known for not showing up to some games and if we don't bring everything this sunday then we'll be looking to Twickenham for our match against Leicester as our only chance for silverware this year.

I would love to see Saracens turnover The Ospreys and they are capable of it but Welsh rugby has the wind under it's sails at the minute and The Ospreys have quality all over the paddock.

OK i will shout us on.. but really. Wales won a grand slam with basically the Ospreys team. The best Wales non-Ospreys player was Martyn Williams. A big loss. But oh no, the Ospreys have Marty Holah who's probably the next best 7 playing in Europe right now. Sarries lack a world class 7 with Richard over-the-Hill and stuffing Leeds means nothing.

I'd love to think we can win it... I suppose we can... but realistically we'd do well to keep it close.

im expecting a tight first 40, with the ospreys running away in the latter stages im going for

saracens 12
ospreys 33

I can never make a prediction with my own team but whatever the result it'd going to be a corker. I've even convinced my football fanatic non-rugby loving mate to get a ticket.

The week is dragging already, roll on the weekend! :bana:

I've even convinced my football fanatic non-rugby loving mate to get a ticket.
[/b]

Ooh, you shouldn't mingle with them folk, sir! They be queer folk - their kicking instrument be all the wrong shape, does one not agree? I believes this be the work of the devil, sir. Be weary...be vigilant when nearby these people - they be cursed.

Teams:

Ospreys

Lee Byrne; Johnny Vaughton, Sonny Parker, Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; James Hook, Justin Marshall; Duncan Jones, Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Ian Gough, Alun Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Marty Holah, Ryan Jones (capt).

Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Ian Evans, Filo Tiatia, Rhys Webb, Andrew Bishop, Aled Brew

Saracens

B Russell; R Haughton, K Sorrell, A Farrell, K Ratuvou; G Jackson, N de Kock (capt); N Lloyd, M Cairns, C Visagie, H Vyvyan, K Chesney, P Gustard, R Hill, B Skirving.

Replacements: F Ongaro, C Johnston, T Ryder, D Barrell, M Rauluni, A Powell, F Leonelli

I think Ospreys will have far to much for Sarries all over the paddock. I cant see any phase of the game where Sarries will be superior. The loss of Jack in the second row is a big one and without him I cant see the Forwards competing for 80 minutes. Interesting to see how Farrell will handle Henson after being embarrased by him in the EDF cup. Ospreys by 20-25 points.

Ooh, you shouldn't mingle with them folk, sir! They be queer folk - their kicking instrument be all the wrong shape, does one not agree? I believes this be the work of the devil, sir. Be weary...be vigilant when nearby these people - they be cursed.
[/b]

STOP MOCKING SARACENS FANS !!

Seriously though, you have to wonder looking at that teamsheet. Census Johnston is one of our most destructive players...so why is he on the bench?! What did Adam Powell do to warrant him being dropped? Ditto Scabs?!

Baffling. Almost as if Ashton chose the squad!!

Even I, the man who hates Saracens almost as much as I hate mushrooms, will admit that was a cracking game of rugby. Total domination bu the Sarries pack against <strike>Grand Slam Winning Wales'</strike> Ospreys attempts, Hill fully deserving the MOTM award - I've never seen Marty Hollah get dominated like that before. The reall diffewrence came in when Farrell limped off and Powell came into the line... Maybe now the over-rated, pan-faced mutant may not get shoe-horned into the lineup lineup and Sarries may continue to use their youngsters. Jackson and Horton also had standout performances imo.

Munsters pack was immense yesterday, but they will struggle to overcome Sarries if they can keep that sort of momentum up in the next round. The only thing that will be against them now will be the number of injuries picked up.

I'd say Munster would he happier playing Sarries then they would have been Ospreys. Plenty for both sides to look forward to. Should be a cracking game.

o_O - Oh-My-Gucking-Fod....

Didn't see the game, but holy crap! Congratulations Sarries fans and Prestwick.

Congrats to Sarries, well deserved victory. So much pressue forcing the O's to make an abundance of schooboy errors, not one of them stood up when it was needed.

Good luck in the semi. :)

Quite a few smug Ospreys fans will have egg on their faces :p [/b]

Get over yourself. You won't find pretentiousness around our way. There was no smugness there was simply confidence and given our form i don't see how you could have argued with that.

Congrats to Saracens you won the match that mattered, i haven't seen the game yet but it sounds like they were the better team and hats off to them for that.
Good luck against Munster as well!

Anyone catch Greenwood's tribute to Hill? Get a room!

Munster are going to have a feast at Coventry - Sarries bones will be picked clean and strewn across the pitch.

Will Jack be back? Would be great to see him go up against POC.

Latest posts