• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens vs Western Farce

P

Prestwick

Saracens 19 - Western Force 10

Saracens cemented their position as fourth best club in the world (until September 6th when reality sets in) by beating a weak and inept Western Force side 19 - 10!

Like taking candy from a baby, nyar harr harr!

Apparently, the pair didn't manage to be come the first father-son duo to play on the pitch at the same time in first class professional rugby. Both started from the bench, Farrell Snr replacing Center Adam Powell and then Farrell Jnr replacing Farrell Snr after he suffered a dislocated thumb.

Here is the match report from the Fish (our name for Saracen's website)

http://www.saracens.com/news/view.php?Id=4792

yeah I read about this earlier, fair play to Sarries, very good result, and a good way to get their pre-season up and running. It says Michael Owen had a decent debut as well.
What kind of Western Force side was it anyway, a strong one, or just a development team?

I think it was a developmental team and it doesn't say either match report posted on the Fish or on WF's websites. Here is the squad for the tour anyway:

Dion Berryman, Caleb Brown, Pekahou Cowan, Scott Daruda, James Dougall, Gareth Hardy, Dane Haylett-Petty, Matt Hodgson, Luke Holmes, Tamaiti Horua, Kieran Longbottom, Filipe Manu, Tai McIsaac, Tom Murday, Brent Murphy, James O'Connor, Pat O'Connor, Chris O'Young, Junior Pelesasa, David Pocock ©, Haig Sare, Scott Staniforth, Troy Takiari, Josh Tatupu, Valeni Tia Tia, Justin Turner, AJ Whalley, Sam Wykes

On another note, the capacity crowd at St Albans of 2,500 shows the how Rugby is growing in the Three Counties area.

19-10 is a good result for a development Force team, if we had our Wallabies in the team we would have smashed Saracens, like we did to thier Academy which was a more adequate comparison.

Which it wasn't as our Academy team was under strength at the time.

Our first XV still would have beaten the Farce easy. 4th best club team until the 6th of September, yo!

Fourth best behind who? I personally couldn't see them beating the Waratahs or Crusaders, and don't think they'd have much of a show against the Canes either... that's not even counting the European sides either.
But 19-10 is a pretty bad scoreline given how many quality players the force are missing on international duty... I'd wager if Giteau alone was there you lot would have been spanked.

Its a joke, silly :p

Remember my previous sig where I said "Officially 4th best team in the world (until the 6th of September when reality sets in)"?

Well..?

EDIT: and as for spanked, considering that Saracens stared down a few top flight European sides last year, each with international stars who could have "spanked" us..I'm sure we could hold our own.

Oh right... sorry, I haven't been around much lately and did't pick up on that :S.

Its no problem :D

First rule in understanding Saracens fans: never take what they say seriously.

I remember 2 seasons ago when a lot of Tahs fans harped on about their grand slam tour of GP and ML teams. Then they were pwned by everybody's development sides... Does it count as a 'grand slam' if you don't get a single win or draw?

Same will happen to the Force.

I remember 2 seasons ago when a lot of Tahs fans harped on about their grand slam tour of GP and ML teams. Then they were pwned by everybody's development sides... Does it count as a 'grand slam' if you don't get a single win or draw?

Same will happen to the Force.[/b]
Is this pre game trash talk?

What I don't understand is why don't they send a real team like the Hurricanes. Then the SH could talk trash because of the ass whoopings the NH clubs would receive:p

<div class='quotemain'>

Same will happen to the Force.[/b]
Is this pre game trash talk? [/b][/quote]

If you like! :p

What I don't understand is why don't they send a real team like the Hurricanes. Then the SH could talk trash because of the ass whoopings the NH clubs would receive:p[/b]
1.How many ***les have they won?
2. Can they afford the airline tickets.
3. You have the NPC we have nothing, it's a development tour, the Reds are doing it in Ireland.
If you like! :p[/b]
I prefer to let the results speak for themselves and gloat after the result. Watch out for a gloating thread in the future. :D

Latest posts