• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SARU charity foundation called R32-12, Does this feel like trolling?

unrated

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Sharks
200602-R32-12-new-image.ashx

You can check out more about this on the official website here

OR https://www.sarugby.co.za/en/pages/StrongerTogether-for-R32-12

Does it feel to you that especially England fans are being trolled by SA rugby by ***ling their charity foundation for COVID 19 relief the same as their final score vs England in the world cup?

from the website: "The Springbok Rugby World Cup squad has put up cherished mementos in what may just be rugby's biggest-ever raffle with all proceeds going to hunger alleviation charities, Food Forward SA and Gift of the Givers."
ev1gkkfmsv551.jpg

I find it personally very odd that our official organization would do this, from fans I expect it but to make it official, setup webpages and run paid Instagram and Facebook marketing campaigns seems excessive and oddly satisfying at the same time.

Honestly it's a little bit sad,

It's like the people spamming gifs and the result of the game under every post that the England social media accounts make - really over-estimating how much it bothers England fans at this point (be surprised if you could get a decent rise out of anyone tbh).

It's like beating England means more than lifting the trophy. Take pride/happiness from the accomplishment rather than from the unhappiness of others. (This isn't aimed at the Bok fans on here, btw - just the vocal minority on socials).

I can't think once post 2003 where I cared it was Australia we beat or what the score was other than we won by 3 points thanks to that drop goal.....

The wood burner makes sense a memento but to call the charity? I'm with Olyy I find it odd rather than it upsetting me.

I'm happy with our World Cup a 2nd place was admirable position I'm over that world cup unlike 2015...

Unrated, you are only giving the Poms, half of the info to wind them up.

Yes, they used the score of the final for the launch of the charity. But the aim, was to get every normal South African citizen to get them to pay an amount of R32.12 into the charity to assist the Bokke's campaign. Now the idea, was to use the final's score as a point to relate to the charity foundation's minimum amount to contribute, while other charities want amounts like R50 or R100.

Unrated, you are only giving the Poms, half of the info to wind them up.

Yes, they used the score of the final for the launch of the charity. But the aim, was to get every normal South African citizen to get them to pay an amount of R32.12 into the charity to assist the Bokke's campaign. Now the idea, was to use the final's score as a point to relate to the charity foundation's minimum amount to contribute, while other charities want amounts like R50 or R100.
This information is in the picture I posted. About buying a ticket for that amount. But still even though I like the audacity it's very surprising that SARU is playing off the score.

I don't know about you but I laughed when I found out that they are using the score as a central pillar of the charity. I just thought OK now they are trolling. The idea is still cool though, and they are giving awesome prizes away so really it's something I can get behind, but I reckon they could have received the same amount of support without playing on the score as a central pillar of the campaign.

I don't think SARU or South Africans has the intention if rubbing it in for the English or trying to hurt them or their supporters at all. Anyone who aims to hurt an opponent by regurgitating the score of a loss is straight up an as hole and a bad winner. I don't believe that's their aim. I think the use of the campaign is more tongue in cheek and focused at a local audience.

Last edited:
This information is in the picture I posted. About buying a ticket for that amount. But still even though I like the audacity it's very surprising that SARU is playing off the score.

I don't know about you but I laughed when I found out that they are using the score as a central pillar of the charity. I just thought OK now they are trolling. The idea is still cool though, and they are giving awesome prizes away so really it's something I can get behind, but I reckon they could have received the same amount of support without playing on the score as a central pillar of the campaign.

I don't think SARU or South Africans has the intention if rubbing it in for the English or trying to hurt them or their supporters at all. Anyone who aims to hurt an opponent by regurgitating the score of a loss is straight up an as hole and a bad winner. I don't believe that's their aim. I think the use of the campaign is more tongue in cheek and focused at a local audience.

I get that, but have a look at our 3 World Cup victories and the items that goes up for auction or are collector's pieces, nearly all of them have the final's score included in the package.

My dad still has that 1995 photo of the drop goal going through the posts where you can see every springbok player, except 1 hanging in his bar with the score on the bottom of the photo.

There was no malice intended with using the score, it was purely intended as a point of reference. And the things you can win nearly all of them has the score included. And yes, the campaign is purely intended for the local audience. If they didn't want anyone to contribute, they would have used 16-52 as a point of reference, and everyone would have known the significance of that score, hell there are even songs written about that score...

Latest posts