SARU fight armband protest

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by Steve-o, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Saucy

Interesting. iRB throw the book at SARU but they hit it out the ground for a six!

Any thoughts on this? I have a feeling there will be. :lol:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Boggle

Boggle Guest

I read about this earlier today, the IRB seem to have some kind of thing for South African rugby, like a boy pulling a girl's pigtails on the playground because he actually likes her.

Honestly though, Dan Retief (as always) writes an interesting column about this very situation, and I have to agree with the man, it's absolutely shocking what's been going on with the citings over the years, swings and round abouts my footcheese, it's more like what goes around keeps going around and we simply have to keep taking this ****.
    :/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

4. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I think it's really silly that the media are even hinting that Schalk Burgers ridiculously short ban for eye gouging justifies Giteau's misconduct last week. What this whole fuss is about is consistency. Giteau should of got a ban. Bakkies shouldn't of got a ban. Schalk Burger should of got a long ban. Everybody can see this but the IRB.
    Good on SARU for taking them on I say, everybody has been unhappy with the IRB citing process of late at least they're getting their say in. More than than just their say actually! The IRB are on the spot now.

5. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

I have to be honest, South Africa have done themselves no favours. You have a jackass for a head coach and have had more than questionable conduct on the field. Then, instead of sucking it up and moving on, they wore the stupid armbands. It's like they're begging to be punished for more. I'm ready for this chapter to be over with. Step 1: Get rid of de Villiers.

6. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 14 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That's the thing about rugby being professional nowdays. They don't care if they're like by the IRB or not.
    It's a pity but the IRB set the tone with this whole disciplinary committee to read them the rules. So they bring their legal team. What's Eales gonna do with his degree in psychology in that situation?
    I still think the armband thing was not the best way to handle this but protocal was broken on the IRB's side. SARU are getting their own back.

BTW, "more than questionable conduct on the field" :lol:

7. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 14 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well, I was going to say "Schalk Burgher is a dirty f___" but thought "more than questionable conduct on the field" sounded classier.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

As for Botha, maybe he was wrongly banned, but the first thing he did on his return game was take somebody head clean off and wasn't even spoken to. What goes around...

Anyway.

Considering how disgustingly short Burgers ban was for his gouging, the SARU and Boks have absolutely no right to complain about any citing decisions. End of story.

9. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 15 2009, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    "Maybe wrongly binned!" I see worse cleanouts every time I watch a rugby match! Yes Burger should have been slapped with a longer ban, but that's the first time I can remember a S African geting off lightly in a citing!

Burger's case (or anyone else's case) is irrelevent though, all everyone wants is consistency. None of this bullsh** "make an example of someone" that's coming from the IRB nowadays. That's not ethical and you wouldn't see it in a real law court.

10. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 14 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    How, how on god's good earth does that even things out. As they say two wrongs don't make a right. If anything SARU are highlighting that excuse for a ban :D ok probably not. But they saying what needs to be said. IRB's citing process has gone down the shitter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 14 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well, I was going to say "Schalk Burgher is a dirty f___" but thought "more than questionable conduct on the field" sounded classier.
    [/b][/quote]

Rather call it like it is, Burger is dirty. It sounded like you were saying the Boks were dirty.

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 14 2009, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

Rather call it like it is, Burger is dirty. It sounded like you were saying the Boks were dirty.
    [/b][/quote]

I'm not saying they're not dirty...let's put it that way. I think if I had to say what one team leans towards the dirty side more than any other team I'd be inclined to mention a certain team in the southern part of Africa.

12. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 14 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I was originally of this mindset but to be honest it just causes more problems. Everyone and their mothers believed the ban was incorrect (though we could all have identified a number of other reasons to ban Bakkies :) ) so the SARU have a point in highlighting it. The manner in which the team protested was stupid (and wothy of a two match ban for all of em :) ), but if it keeps the debate open and results in a more consistent disciplinary process then its good for the game as a whole.

Whether your on the side of the IRB or the SARU there can be no doubting its the IRB's problem, and so far they have failed to introduce any consistent policy on discipline in rugby. Everyone is calling for consistency, so I dont understand what the problem is. Sort it out!

13. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 14 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'm not saying they're not dirty...let's put it that way. I think if I had to say what one team leans towards the dirty side more than any other team I'd be inclined to mention a certain team in the southern part of Africa.
    [/b][/quote]
    Got any video evidence?

Doubt it, we burnt it all.

14. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 14 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
    Got any video evidence?

Doubt it, we burnt it all.
    [/b][/quote]
    Ha Ha Ha...yeah, we've all seen your "Currie Cup," or should we say "Thug Training Academy." :D :p :lol:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!