• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saturday 25th April 1931?

charles_head

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Hi all,
Am hoping someone has a list of historical rugby matches.
Was there a rugby match on at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 25th April 1931?!
Any help welcomed.
Charles

I can tell you it was not a test match.

England only played Twice at Twickenham in 1931; vs Wales on January 17th and vs Ireland on February 14th.

There was a British Army XV vs French Army XV match played at Twickenham in 1931, but I am unsure of the date.

army-france1931.jpg

Cool, you've got a snap of Will Harries' Grandfather in action!

OK I have it for you... thanks to OB from the Rugbyrefs forum

The army match I mentioned earlier was played at Twickenham on 11 April 1931. However, two weeks later, on April 25, the date you are looking for, the Middlesex Sevens were played at Twickenham.

That is the closest answer you are going to get. There is no practical way to find out which specific sevens match you are wanting to know about.

Can I ask why you want to know?

There was a British Army XV vs French Army XV match played at Twickenham in 1931, but I am unsure of the date.

army-france1931.jpg
Look how dapper that linesman is!
They should still dress like that, much better than their refs uniform

thanks smartcooky
why i wanted to know this is long story! i live in twickenham and bought a rail ticket from clapham junction to twickenham off ebay as my birthday is april the 25th - no other reason. the weird thing is that my brother and our mates go to the middlesex sevens every year - strange coincidence!
anyways thanks for your time and if you have any other information about the middlesex sevens in 1931 please let me know.
i attached a photo of the train ticket from that day in 1931
cheers
charles
w2n2vt.jpg

Latest posts