• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saturday, 6 August: Springboks v New Zealand

That is, without doubt, the worst All Black pack I've ever seen. The Boks will smash them.
Agree with the first sentence, not sure re the second because I don't know how highly to rate the Boks, they've hardly been impressive since the World Cup and COVID can only explain so much.

Re: NZ

I genuinely don't think the best possible coaching ticket in NZ would guarantee that this group of players form the best team in the world. Their talent isn't any better than the rest of the top 5 for me and at least two of the top 5 seem to have world class coaching teams. NZ's dominance was always talent driven with good coaches to keep them focused, the most recent golden era is all but gone, NZ just look like a good squad misfiring under a bad/misplaced coach, despite our series I'm still struggling to accept it.

No idea what to expect from this one other than intensity!
That's what I was thinking too

The ABs of old you'd expect a big backlash after the performances vs Ireland but not so sure about this one,
Boks side looks insane on paper but haven't necessarily been living up to it on the pitch (though still getting the results - could just be a case of not needing to hit top gear rather than not being able to hit top gear)

Again, two players picked out of their position, Ardie Savea and Will Jordan.
Persisting with Cane at 7 and Havili at 12 won't help either. I hope the Boks give them a rugby lesson. Even if it's not a big score, a dominant win where the ABs look as clueless as they did in the last test will do just fine to heap the pressure on Fozzie.

i dont rate christie. he's not ready yet. is missing finesse in his game.
not a taavao fan. good around the park but struggles in the scrum vs those that know how to scrummage, and saffa's know how to scrum.
i like taukeiaho starting. means he can set the foundation with his all day hard running. then Coles will come in with a bit of savvy and change the attack.
Havili has a lot to prove before the next WC. needs to recover the finesse he showed a couple of seasons ago.
i'm still not convinced Reiko should be a centre. he cant distribute.
looking forward to seeing how Shannon is doing. hopefully he has a strong game
we need to call up Laumape. why we ever let him go still puzzles me

If Fozzie is sacked, does NZRU go Razor or Joe Schmidt? Because I could easily see them place an interim tag on Schmidt through the World Cup.

imho not having papalii is a huge mistake

we need to call up Laumape. why we ever let him go still puzzles me
Hansen never really rated him, so obviously Fozzie just followed suit.

imho not having papalii is a huge mistake
Yep, dude is brilliant. He'd be a deadly combo with Savea (either of them could start or come off the bench as an impact).

Last edited:
If Fozzie is sacked, does NZRU go Razor or Joe Schmidt? Because I could easily see them place an interim tag on Schmidt through the World Cup.
Schmidt is definitely a possibility because Razor almost certainly won't get the job until after the world cup, if ever. NZRU is incredibly stubborn.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great pub to watch this match near east Molesey in London this Saturday

Schmidt is definitely a possibility because Razor almost certainly won't get the job until after the world cup, if ever. NZRU is incredibly stubborn.
I get that feeling too. They would have to basically admit they screwed up the hiring process in after 2019. Plus, I don't see Razor being controlled. I think they've already set the stage for Schmidt to takeover with his responsibilities only growing over the last year.

No idea what to expect from this one other than intensity!
maybe from one side....i just get the feeling from this AB's team they just dont give a ****, like ardie really only seemed to care about losing to ireland...AFTER it had happened...too bloody late mate

maybe from one side....i just get the feeling from this AB's team they just dont give a ****, like ardie really only seemed to care about losing to ireland...AFTER it had happened...too bloody late mate
thats such BS. ABs dont like losing. they always give a ****. Ardies been the hardest and most effective worker for the ABs. if your gonna denigrate someone then not the best player we've had this season
Maybe you should support someone else? We dont need fair weather fans who wanna jump ship when things dont go your way. ABs are in a rebuilding phase after an unprecedented long long long golden era. its gonna be like this for awhile while we come out of the other side.
ABs cant win everything all the time. you should support someone else while the ABs rebuild. comeback when we start winning again.

bugger off, ive supported the AB's through highs and lows for a long time, the difference is in the past when we lose the coaches and players actually seemed to care...ardie didn;t even know this was the first test loss to ireland in Nz and first Series Loss in NZ....he's literally played in EVERY loss to ireland....to be that oblivious shows a lack of care to me...and almost everyone else ive talked too

and i dont actually think he was that good..yes...he might get meters...but he is constantly isolating himself, no ones seems to know what hes about to do, he may be a great singular player but he just doesn't play well with the others

finally, the comment was a reply to the idea of intensity...how we can claim we're going to bring intensity when we conceded first in all three games to ireland...its seems to take this squad 20m to remember their playing game

bugger off, ive supported the AB's through highs and lows for a long time, the difference is in the past when we lose the coaches and players actually seemed to care...ardie didn;t even know this was the first test loss to ireland in Nz and first Series Loss in NZ....he's literally played in EVERY loss to ireland....to be that oblivious shows a lack of care to me...and almost everyone else ive talked too

and i dont actually think he was that good..yes...he might get meters...but he is constantly isolating himself, no ones seems to know what hes about to do, he may be a great singular player but he just doesn't play well with the others

finally, the comment was a reply to the idea of intensity...how we can claim we're going to bring intensity when we conceded first in all three games to ireland...its seems to take this squad 20m to remember their playing game
well if your gonna stay for the long haul its gonna be really painful. we've come through a golden era. we have to accept that we cant be as good as we were for a long time while we rebuild.
Foster has a massive mountain to climb. I wish him and the ABs all the best. even if they lose i'm still a supporter.

Latest posts