Save_us.someone who knows their stuff

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by St Helens RLFC, Apr 27, 2008.

1. I have got a copy of Rugby 08 on my beastly new PC and I have got a wireless XBOX 360 controller to use. The significant problem I have is that I don't know the buttons! I have tried to find a way to customise the control system but to no avail so far! Can this be done or is it not possible?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. BLR

BLR Guest

I had the same problem, I never found a solution to change the buttons around...I think your stuck going into training mode and testing out which buttons are which like I did. :(

4. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

There is a way to configure the keyboard buttons to your controller by using a program called "xpadder". I've been using it for ages now but I'm using a Ps2 controller and the controls are the same as on the console except for the right analogue stick.

I helped someone else out a while ago and had my whole Ps2 controller setup you might be able to find it on here somewhere try looking through the other pages.

5. Charles

Charles Guest

Another program that enables to do that is called Joytokey.
    Yeah, being unable to use the right stick to step (as on PS2) is a real pain in the arse. Instead, you have to press L1+ square/ O. If anything, I'd like it to be dealt with for the next version of the game.

6. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

I had Joytokey but couldn't get it to work with my Rugby 08 for some reason. I've got the right analogue setup alright but for a shoulder charge I have to press right analogue up and for a fend I gota press it down and left or right to step. Good thing about it is that I just press these buttons no matter which way I'm running.

Setplays are still a bit of a hassle thou I have to tap L1 or R1 to cycle through the plays.

7. kingwilko

kingwilko Guest

Joy2Key works great for me with R08.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!