Scarlets set to part with Davies

Discussion in 'Guinness Pro12' started by Cymro, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Cymro

Cymro Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ets/7374978.stm

Interesting to read that Greg Somerville is about to sign!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cymro

Cymro Guest

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

This is a load of ****, we should have given him another season at the very least! We should be getting rid of these useless journeymen foreigners who have served little good all season!

5. Cymro

Cymro Guest

To be honest I think Phil Davies is a brillaint coach and one for the future for Wales. I think it falls down to the modern way of rugby now. If you don't get instant success then your out. I look back at what he did with Leeds, he truned things round and put a fight up with a side that was never really gonna do anything special in the league. It's a very sad day and I wonder if Grav would have stopped this blunder if he was still here. Kid me not Davies will get a job elswehere easily. I however would like to see Phil Davies coming to the Blues and help Dai Young sort the side out but it won't happen.

Llanelli have to many journeymen in their squad. Bruce Douglas, Deacon Manu, Ben Broster (although he is a good prop aint played well for Llanelli), James Hayer (who has already gone), Alix Popham (conterversial but I feel he is going backwards rather than forwards!), Adam Eustace, Vernon Cooper (great servat, but lacking the performances), Matthew Watkins, Nathan Brew, Dafydd James and Gavin Cattle. These are the players I would say ta ta to at Llanelli.Very few of them are worth keeping and I reckon that if Scott Quinnell does become headcoach I reckon that some of these players will be gone. Gareth Jenkins is also linked to the job but will the Stradey faithful want him back?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!