Scarlets v Brive

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Scarlets.png
V
Brive.png
</div>

The Scarlets may go into this match having started poorly in the Magners League but their chances will be boosted by the poor away form of Brive both in Europe and domestically.

Evans is in at full back over Rhys Priestland, Lamont moves to the centre as Mark Jones returns to skipper the side on the wing. Simon Easterby returns to the back row with Vernon Cooper dropping to the bench for Dominic Day and Deacon Manu replaces Rhys Thomas.

Must win match for both sides if they're to have a chance in this pool. Not sure which team is the favourite given they both took pastings last weekend.

Scarlets: 15 Daniel Evans, 14 Lee Williams, 13 Sean Lamont, 12 Jonathan Davies, 11 Mark Jones ©, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Martin Roberts, 8 David Lyons, 7 Dafydd Jones, 6 Simon Easterby, 5 Dominic Day, 4 Lou Reed 3 Deacon Manu, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Iestyn Thomas.

Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Phil John, 18 Rhys Thomas, 19 Vernon Cooper, 20 Richie Pugh, 21 Tavis Knoyle, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Rob Higgitt.

Brive: TBC

I'd be surprised if Scarlets put one over Brive, but then again it's at home, and like you said, Brive haven't played amazingly away this season
Also that's a pretty strong looking scarlets side, so i'm really hoping for a win

Here's the Brive side.

Brive: 15. Fabrice Estebanez, 14. Horacio Agulla, 13. Jamie Noon, 12. Lachlan Mackay, 11. Viliame Waqaseduadua, 10. Andy Goode, 9. Shaun Perry, 1. Davit Kinchagishvili, 2. Jean-Philippe Bonrepaux, 3. Jonathan Garcia, 4. Christian Short, 5. Arnaud Mela, 6. Alix Popham, 7. Vincent Forgues, 8. Antoine Claassen,

Replacements: 16. Steve Thompson, 17. Petrisor Toderasc, 18. Retief Uys, 19. Fabien Domingo, 20. Jean-Baptiste Pejoine, 21. Luciano Orquera, 22. Ronnie Cooke, 23. Pat Barnard

The Scarlets should go into this as favourites. They would have been bitterly dissapointed with their form last week, but despite their poor position in the Magners table, they've been playing some very good stuff. Confidence may be wavering though, and with such a young side that could be a problem. So imo, if the Scarlets start well, they'll win, if not, things will be very tight.

This team is at full strength, apart from the missing King in centre. If Lamont can have a solid game in defense, they should take this game imo. Slightly dissapointed to see that Ken Owens isn't starting, although it's probably the right call in such a big game. He can come on and hopefully provide a big impact off the bench.

In fairness I thought the same about Owens but you can understand going for the experience of Rees to begin with and sure he's can always come on.

Have seen Brive twice this season and havent been impressed at all. I dont think they really offered anything outside of Goode's chips and grubbers.

Scarlets to take it, but it could be close.

turning out to be a close one, Scarlets leading 11-9 at the break, their try coming from Lee Williams right on half time.

14-12 to the Scarlets, Orquera just after missing a chance to give Brive the lead. 15 mins left.

17-12, just three mintues or so to go. Preistland's come on and slotted a penalty.

try for Rhys Thomas to finish it off after Jones previously had hit the post again with a penalty to take the bp away from Brive. 24-12.

Downside though is the broken arm for Alix Popham.

Good result for the Scarlets. Their group is pretty tough now I look at it. Especially as London Irish have really found some form this season.

Latest posts