Scarlets.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Leicester.png

Scarlets v Leicester Tigers
Parc y Scarlets
Llanelli, Wales
Sat Jan 15 2011
at 17:45 (local)​

If Leicester play to only half the standard they displayed last Saturday they should easily have the Welshists on toast.

Depends which Scarlets turn up
At Leicesters worst, they're at least a decent team,
Only have to look at Scarlets vs Ospreys over Christmas to see what can happen if they have an offday. When's the last time Tigers had that many put on them?

I'd go for a Tigers win, with a bonus point not out of the question

Having said that, though, Stephen Jones is back now, which will strengthen the Scarlets
Will Priestland be shifted back to fullback? Or on the bench? I think he's definitely better at 10 than 15, though still a capable 15

Nige will probably shift Rhys to 15 and have Stodds at 14.
Right now, there isn't much between Wellies and Rhys, considering he is just back from injury.
I'd like to see the Turks win, and with George North, it could be possible.

Like what Olyy said, depends on which Turk side turns up.

Depends which Scarlets turn up
At Leicesters worst, they're at least a decent team,
Only have to look at Scarlets vs Ospreys over Christmas to see what can happen if they have an offday. When's the last time Tigers had that many put on them?

I'd go for a Tigers win, with a bonus point not out of the question

Having said that, though, Stephen Jones is back now, which will strengthen the Scarlets
Will Priestland be shifted back to fullback? Or on the bench? I think he's definitely better at 10 than 15, though still a capable 15

I dreamt Youngs stamped someone, but I also dreamt Scarlets (I assume it was this match, could've been Eng v Wal) were wearing purple.

I have a sneaking suspicion the scarlets might nick this. We'll need to be strong up front but out backs are good enough.

I would love to see the scarlets in purple...

another tight one this reckon the tigers could potentially come unstuck away from home and the Dragons definately have it in em to win

15. Rhys Priestland, 14. Morgan Stoddart, 13. Regan King, 12. Jonathan Davies, 11. Sean Lamont, 10. Stephen Jones, 9. Tavis Knoyle, 1. Iestyn Thomas, 2. Matthew Rees, 3. Simon Gardner, 4. Lou Reed, 5. Vernon Cooper, 6. Rob McCusker, 7. Josh Turnbull, 8. David Lyons,
16. Emyr Phillips, 17. Rhodri Jones, 18. Phil John, 19. Jonny Fa'amatuainu, 20. Ben Morgan, 21. Richard Pugh, 22. Martin Roberts, 23. Gareth Maule,

15. Scott Hamilton, 14. Matt Smith, 13. Manu Tuilagi, 12. Anthony Allen, 11. Alesana Tuilagi, 10. Toby Flood, 9. Ben Youngs, 1. Marcos Ayerza, 2. George Chuter, 3. Martin Castrogiovanni, 4. Louis Deacon, 5. George Skivington, 6. Thomas Waldrom, 7. Craig Newby, 8. Jordan Crane,
16. Rob Hawkins, 17. Boris Stankovich, 18. Dan Cole, 19. Ed Slater, 20. Steve Mafi, 21. James Grindal, 22. Jeremy Staunton, 23. Horacio Agulla,

No surprises from a Leicester PoV, although I did think it was Cole's turn to start. Good to see Stankovich back, Ayerza has been bashed about a bit in the last couple of games.

If Cole can make the same impact as a sub like last week, it's shrewd thinking from Cockrill.

Good to see Stankovich, he's immense
Two very strong teams there, should be a good match

Regan King out, calf problem, Gareth Maule comes in at 13, Lee Williams onto the bench.

Balls, Regan King is a big loss. Maul has been on decent form, but Regan King is in a different league attack wise, and King and Jon Davies have a great understanding. The good thing is that Jon Davies had to deal with being the creative influence in midfield when King was on his long injury absense, and he can fulfill that role extremely well as he did last week.

The Scarlets pack looks quite strong on paper, although I'm not sure about Vernon Cooper. I thought Jonny F has been on fire for them recently, so I'm not sure why they started him on the bench. Maybe Cooper is there to add a bit more grunt and attempt to sure up the scrum somewhat. Scrum time is always going to be difficult, but Gardiner has impressed me so far, and he's been coping (just) in the scrum. Big, big test for the youngster here though.

Big game needed from the Scarlets backrow. All three have dipped below their usual form, especially Lyons, who hasn't been anywhere neer his best since returning from injury. He's a big game player though, so I'm expecting him to put in a big display.

Hopefully the rain somehow bypasses Llanelli for this game. Because the Scarlets will struggle even more if they cannot get their running game going.

On the plus side, this match is guaranteed to be far more entertaining then that crap at Ravenhill. Even if it's played by both sides u-10 academies.

Latest posts