Club or Nation
Barbarians
Scarlets.png
Versus%20Magners.png
Leinster.png

Venue: Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli
Date: Friday, 3 December
Kick-off: 1905 GMT

Scarlets lock Lou Reed is set to be out for six weeks after suffering a knee injury in the region's win in Aironi.

Reed has damaged medial ligaments and although he has yet to have a scan is likely to be out of action until the new year.

Better news for the Scarlets is they have back-rowers Rob McCusker and Josh Turnbull available after injury.

The Scarlets are hoping to have Wales trio Matthew Rees, Stephen Jones and George North back in camp this week.

Fiji captain Deacon Manu and Scotland wing Sean Lamont are also expected to report back this week, although Lamont picked up a knock in the Scots' narrow win over Samoa.

Leinster are in a similar position having had eight players on autumn international duty including Brian O'Driscoll, Jonathan Sexton and Jamie Heaslip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/llanelli_scarlets/9241963.stm

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Eoin O'Malley
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Fergus McFadden
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Heinke van der Merwe
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Dominic Ryan
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
17: Jack McGrath
18: Clint Newland
19: Nathan Hines
20: Shane Jennings
21: Paul O'Donohoe
22: Shaun Berne
23: Dave Kearney

from irish rugby

mc fadden on the wing?? could be fun
i think this looks like a fun lenister side to watch

Nathan Hines made it back from Scotland so :).
McFadden is an intelligent player and might just do well on wing

wonder if his move to the wing is cause eoin o'malley is pushing him out of position
or mabey he is just more versatile

hows the progression of Dave Kearney
how young is he anyways

Looking forward to this game, as both teams are in decent form and both play an exciting brand of rugby. Unless snow severly effects travel for supporters or the Ulster team, it's also nice to know that the pitch will be in perfect condition with it's under-pitch heating, so running rugby will be no problem.

Expecting Matthew Rees dn Stephen Jones to probably start on the bench, especially considering Ken Owens and Priestland are going well. McCusker and Turnbull are massive boosts for the Scarlets, pitty both missed the AI's really.

Agreed Snoop I think O'Malley will start at 13 next week and McFadden on wing. It a good selection and I'd expect some internationals only play 60 mins or so

A great mix of youth and experience in the Leinster squad. A solid tight five which sould give us a good set piece. A young back row wit alot of potential. Some very talented backs that pose a great attacking threat. This will be a tough game considering injuries but its a great warm up to the H-cup next week.

Scarlets: Dan Newton; Morgan Stoddart, Gareth Maule, Regan King, Joe Ajuwa; Rhys Priestland, Tavis Knoyle; Phil John, Ken Owens, Peter Edwards, Damian Welch, Dominic Day, Josh Turnbull, Johnathan Edwards, David Lyons (capt).
Replacements: Matthew Rees, Rhodri Jones, Deacon Manu, Rob McCusker, Ben Morgan, Martin Roberts, Stephen Jones, Scott Williams.

Decent team. Ajuwa will have something to prove before North comes back, as will Knoyle.

Interesting start in this game. Stoddard and Horgan touched the ball down at practically the exact same time over Leinsters try line. Tmo made the right decision is awarding a 22m dropout, but boy was it close.

Never realised how slow Sexton was until then,
Got burnt by Priestland chasing that ball, but good work to get him into touch

What a poor game in decent condition but that Scarlets 9 looks like a fella who is lively

This has been comedy gold so far, what with that bust up and Jiffy's commentary. Loving it! :p

Laughed more during this match than I have during some so called comedy films. Newtons been on the end of a few cheap shots in the last few mins.

I wonder what the viewers in Northern Ireland are thinking!!

Latest posts