Scarlets v Munster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Scarlets.png
Munster.png

Scarlets v Munster
</div>

Ronan O’Gara will captain Munster in Friday evening’s Magners League encounter against The Scarlets at the new Parc Y Scarlets.

O’Gara is one of seven Ireland players involved with the international side against Argentina last weekend, who are included for the first senior game at the â'¬27 stadium, the new home to The Scarlets.

O'Gara captains Tony McGahan’s side in the absence of regular skipper Paul O’Connell, while Denis Leamy is named in the pack, despite suffering a knock in the magnificent game between Munster and New Zealand just over a week ago.

Leamy starts in his regular number eight position, with fellow Ireland internationals Marcus Horan, Tony Buckley, Donncha Ryan and Donncha O'Callaghan also starting in the pack, the last named partnered in the second row by Mick O’Driscoll in O’Connell’s absence.

Paul Warwick plays at full back with Ireland new boy Keith Earls in the centre, due to the medial knee ligament injury suffered last week by Rua Tipoki.

Youngsters Jon Davies and Rhys Priestland have been named n the Scarlets side, with Davies getting the nod in the number 11 shirt and Priestland starting at fly half.

With a number of injuries for coach Nigel Davies to deal with, hooker Ken Owens and second row Dominic Day feature in a pack similarly peppered with youth, while promising back rows Rob McCusker and Johnathan Edwards are among the replacements.

Darren Daniel is yet to undergo a fitness test before Friday’s game and if he fails to come through then Matthew Jacob will start on the wing.

Scarlets: M Stoddart; D Daniel/M Jacob, R King, G Evans, J Davies; R Priestland, S Martens; I Thomas, K Owens, K Meeuws; V Cooper, D Day; N Thomas, 7 S Easterby [capt], 8 D Lyons.

Replacements: D Manu, M Schwalger, P John, R McCusker, J Edwards, G Cattle, C Thomas.

Munster: P Warwick; D Howlett, K Earls, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara [capt], T O'Leary; M Horan, F Sheahan, T Buckley; D O'Callaghan, M O'Driscoll; D Ryan, N Ronan, D Leamy.

Replacements: D Fogarty, F Pucciariello, J Coughlan, J O'Sullivan, P Stringer, B Murphy, A Horgan.

From Setanta Sports

Would expect this to be a Munster Win on paper at least. Munster will play a running game judging by TMG picking Ronan at 7. Keith won't face too many better 13's at international level than the likes of Luke McAllister or Regan King.

Can't wait for a look at Parc Y Scarlets. Reduced capacity I presume? Hopefully a decent crowd will turn up.

I know, getting carried everywhere by that hefty pack would make even **DAN PARKS** look good. <_<
Realistically, Munster should win by 5.
Which calls to question why I predicted a Llanelli win in the Magners Comp. -.-

Munster are gonna be difficult given their last game was an extreme confidence booster, but the Scarlets will also want to take this victory at parc y scarlets.

nah nothing can possibly make Dan Parks look good, that's a lost cause at any level, well maybe schoolboys but I guarantee there's even better out halves than him at that level.

You could always jump ship and change your prediction

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 28 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nah nothing can possibly make Dan Parks look good, that's a lost cause at any level, well maybe schoolboys but I guarantee there's even better out halves than him at that level.

You could always jump ship and change your prediction[/b]
No thanks, I'd like to remain loyal to my team. :p

Well Phil Bennett says Scarlets are going to win, surprisingly, so that is that for Munster.

Did everyone hear those two kids yelling 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi OI!'. What champs!

I'm getting the feeling we've got a biased ref on our hands.
Welsh ref reffing a welsh/irish match. Hmmm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 28 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 28 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Dont you mean teams, LLanelli,Sale,Toulouse etc ...............................................................................

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Nov 28 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 28 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 28 2008, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Dont you mean teams, LLanelli,Sale,Toulouse etc ...............................................................................
[/b][/quote]
Naming every team in Europe would've taken too long.

In other news: Dowling scores. <_<

Someone needs to tell Gareth Charles that Leamy was injured hence why he wasn't in the Irish squad for the Autumn Internationals.

Someone needs to tell Gareth Charles to shut up. Not that he'd be doing his job very well.
Half time and Scarlets are getting owned all over the field. Not a very entertaining watch to be fair, but Munster are having an easy time even being down to 14 thanks to mistaken identity.

Latest posts