• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

School competition

K

Kelt

Hello, they organized a championship for 7-a-side rugby for schools and me and some friends signed up, but the problem is we don't know anything about rugby as our experience with it is none. Our school is going to hire a trainer but he won't come within the next 3-4 months, we would like to start training much sooner as our goal is the finals. As I said we don't know anything about rugby, but I would kindly ask you to perhaps post some training sessions and/or links or stickies so we can already start training and learn the basics and rules. Help us kick our rival schools' ass!

kind regards

G'day boys,
if you check out the Universitas Rugbia section of this board you'll find some fantastic tips and training regimes to follow. For Rugby 7's, it's best to have a ball in hand all of the time so you can become used to how it feels and therefore it will become easier to pass.
Because 7's is such a dis-jointed game, there are not many set-moves or plans that will work all the time. Mostly you play what you see in front of you after several phases of play. The phases draw in tacklers which result in gaps either in close or out wide.

Hope I've helped!
Kick your rival's asses :D

Latest posts