• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Schumacher keen to drive in NZ

W

woosaah

Schumacher keen to drive in NZ
10 May 2006 
By MARY ANNE GILL

Seven-time world Formula One motor race champion Michael Schumacher is being lined up as one of the star attractions at the 2008 V8 street car race in Hamilton.

Hamilton city councillor Grant Thomas yesterday revealed he had spoken to Schumacher, 37, at the Ferrari Ball in Australia and received a letter back from the most successful driver in the history of the sport saying he was keen to come.

Mr Thomas said Schumacher could be retired from the sport by then â€" but might drive in Hamilton.

The plan would be firmed up provided the council got resource consent for the race, said Mr Thomas. It could include Schumacher bringing a Formula One Ferrari to Hamilton for 10 demonstration laps around the Hamilton circuit.

"The interest would be astronomical," said Mr Thomas.

At the weekend Schumacher won the European Grand Prix in Germany for the sixth time.

[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3663657a1823,00.html

I probably would have gone anyway, but if he does come that would be a definate trip for me. its not far i can drive up there :) and to see one of the best drivers of the modern history race it will be a huge drawcard for the V8 Supercars!!!

suck auckland :D pity wellington didnt get it :(

Suck Auckland?

What has Christchurch hosted lately apart from the annual Inbred Stoners Exhibition?

Originally posted by Ripper@May 11 2006, 10:54 AM
Suck Auckland?

What has Christchurch hosted lately apart from the annual Inbred Stoners Exhibition?
Bit uncalled for mate :eek:

Gee i didn't think i would see the day he came to NZ to drive but it will be good for the sport and the city hes going too

Latest posts