• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Schumacher to quit at end of year

G

getofmeland

"To Michael goes the thanks of everyone in the company and the supporters of Ferrari for all the dedication he has shown to our colours, for the determination and the courage with which he has worked which has provided immense satisfaction."

From BBC Sport

Dissappointing news really,would have preferred if he'd stayed on and really had a championship race with Raikkonen, no team orders,just pure racing. Not to be but the man's a legend in the true sense of the word, will take some efforts to surpass his records. Proved what a class act he was by winning some of his world ***les in what was clearly an inferior car.

I think he has made a wise decision, its still a dangerous sport, and he has decided to go at the correct time, before its too late... will be a massive loss to the sport, no doubting one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time if not the best...

Sure you're probably right but it would have been one hell of a prospect and we would have seen what Alonso is really made of when moving to a lesser car with McLaren.

It's sucks that he's retiring before getting 100 victories but he is one of the most overated althetes on the planet. Although he was an exceptional driver the power and advantage he had with his cars were undeniable.

sure his car may have had more power than the other cars, but he still had to drive it. being a forumla 1 driver would have to be one of the hardest sports out there. the concentration would have to be immence, the gforce and strain on the body would be intense.

he would also be one of the most liked guys on the tour i would say, he seams so friendly and down to earth. but that could be a missconception though.

i will miss him in f1 and hopefully the drivers remaining will keep me inteerested in the years to come

When he won the world championship in 94 it was Williams who had the best car yet Schumacher delivered with his Benetton. McLaren still had the advanatge when he won in 2000 and should he win again this season he'll be bucking the trend yet again.

Latest posts