• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland - Six Nations 2012

They nominated their U20s after folding them? That's a neat trick. I think I hear the tinkle of stones in glass houses my skirt wearing friend ;)

Pile of Tosh!

Shingler was informed like all the other Wales U20 prior the 6 Nations last year. After the Jarvis / Loxton nonsense the WRU ensured all the players knew about this. Shingler knew and that is fact. The WRU have released the statement which I posted in this thread confirming the stories that Shingler was aware of the situation.

Also it was the A side that disappeared because of funding. Welsh rugby was in financial dire straights after over spending in clubs / big wigs and Henry and Hansens wages.

From the WRU's perspective, they put quite a bit of time and money into Shingler and understandably want some commitment for all of it. It's not really worth developing these players if they ponce off somewhere else when convenient.

It's important they make a fuss of this, obviously I am in two minds between wanting some-one other than Morrison, and the right thing that Shingler has already made his bed (whether the rules agree/ disagree) and should sleep in it.

I like the comment 'If 18 year olds are old enough to go to jail, then they are old enough to make a decision which country he/she considers himself from.

From the WRU's perspective, they put quite a bit of time and money into Shingler and understandably want some commitment for all of it. It's not really worth developing these players if they ponce off somewhere else when convenient.

Way of the modern world - not all of them will end up playing for you, and you will end up with some others developed by someone else. England, Ireland, Argentina, New Zealand and South Africa all develop more players than end up playing for someone else than Wales do. Whatever happens, it will be more worthwhile for Wales to develop than not to by a long way.

Let the Lawyers figure it out.

As for Scotland they need to show that the lackluster RWC was because of nerves or something and have a great 6 nations. Try and get Evans and Lamont into the game more, they are great.

Ah well, you win some you lose some.

Unless you are Scoland, in which case you better get used to losing.

SRU might appeal this according to various twitter sources (now I am nae saying this is a reliable info distributor), based on the grounds of the status of the French u20s.

Didn't realise you posted the link already Dull.
It would be foolish for the SRU to pursue this. It is clear that the documentation meant nothing and that the WRU are in the right for once. Might as well move on and forget about this before it just dragson, just go and look for some other players.
I can imagine the IRB have already evaluated the status of the second French team, or else this whole IRB review would have been pointless.

It's just saying the SRU think the IRB have got the understanding of their own rules muddled, wouldn't be the first time :lol:

Should the decision stand, Yoda's prediction of Scotland's backline play shall remain true, "Do or do not, there is no try..."

It's just saying the SRU think the IRB have got the understanding of their own rules muddled, wouldn't be the first time :lol:

Should the decision stand, Yoda's prediction of Scotland's backline play shall remain true, "Do or do not, there is no try..."
Oh very nice! Shingler is a very good goal kicker though.

As IRB states, all the players from Wales U20 vs France U20 in 2011 are definitly Welsh or French. Just great. All the nations should designate their U20 as second team. Poaching would be over.

These are the players, some of them had a double eligibility !
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9426049.stm

France Under-20: Jean Buttin (Clermont Auvergne); Marvin O'Connor (Grenoble), Jean-Pascal Barraque (Biarritz), Pierre Bérard (Montpellier), Geoffrey Palis (Albi); Jean-Marc Doussain (Toulouse, capt), Yann Lesgourgues (Biarritz); Gillian Galan (Toulouse), Julien Come (Racing Métro 92), Pierre Julien (Agen), Sébastien Vahaamahina (Brive), Pierre Gayraud (Perpignan), Delmas, Romain Colliat (Castres), Sébastien Taofifenua (Perpignan).
Replacements: Clément Bourgeois (Section Paloise), Florian Fresia (Toulon), Mathias Marie (Biarritz), Kelian Galletier(Montpellier), Sébastien Bezy (Toulouse), Jules Plisson (Stade Français), Alexandre Mourot (Clermont Auvergne).

Wales Under-20:
Steve Shingler (Scarlets/Llanelli); Liam Williams (Llanelli), Owen Williams (Blues/Cardiff), Rheon James (Carmarthen Quins), Harry Robinson (Blues); Matthew Morgan (Ospreys/Swansea), Jonathan Evans (Dragons/Newport); Rhodri Jones (Scarlets/Llanelli), Kirby Myhill (Scarlets/Llanelli), Will Taylor (Ospreys/Swansea), Macauley Cook (capt, Blues/Cardiff), Cory Hill (Blues/Pontypridd), Edward Siggery (Pontypridd), Thomas Young (Blues/Cardiff), Ben Thomas (Ospreys/Bridgend).
Replacements: Sam Parry (Llandovery), Will Griff John (Blues/Pontypridd), Lloyd Peers (Ospreys/Bridgend), Owen Sheppeard (Blues/Pontypridd), Lewis Jones (Pontypridd), Joseff Griffin (Blues/Cardiff). Adam Warren (Llandovery).

Article I read said very bad dislocation, he this been confirmed?

Ah well Ruaridh Jackson out with something, all that is important is that Phil Godman has been called up :(

Article I read said very bad dislocation, he this been confirmed?

Ah well Ruaridh Jackson out with something, all that is important is that Phil Godman has been called up :(

dont worry we still have Parks, remember italy a few years ago, a charge down and 2 interceptions in 10 minutes, Phill Godmans finest hour in a scotland jersy

Ross Ford has been named as Scotland captain after Brown was ruled out through injury.

It's a strange choice, Ford has never struck me as a talker of any sorts, one of the most quiet players I have seen. He struggles to maintain his own form, so this will either:

Enthuse him and improve performance, or

Take away from his game

Hopefully the former, not a lot of options tbh.

dont worry we still have Parks, remember italy a few years ago, a charge down and 2 interceptions in 10 minutes, Phill Godmans finest hour in a scotland jersy

To be fair to Godman, he was the fly-half when we had that test win over SA. Had a good game too if I remember rightly.

His kicking though, has never been a strong point. Without Parks or CP we'd better be getting some tries...

What game am I thinking off? Maybe it was the Australia test...

I do remember him bottling that kick you mentioned, shades of Hastings there. But then Desperate Dan had his own in the WC too...

Wouldn't mind some positive memories in the upcoming 6N. :(

What game am I thinking off? Maybe it was the Australia test...

I do remember him bottling that kick you mentioned, shades of Hastings there. But then Desperate Dan had his own in the WC too...

Wouldn't mind some positive memories in the upcoming 6N. :(

Yep, it was the Scotland vs Australia test in 2009. A glorious 9-8 victory for Scotland!

Latest posts