15. Rory Lamont

16. Dougie Hall
17. Kyle Traynor
18. Jason White
19. Richie Vernon
20. Mike Blair
21. Mossy
22. Nick De Drop It

(I've assumed Low will play tighthead, and guessed the wingers sides)

I like the forwards, good to see Al Kellock start. Cuister over Blair is fine by me too. Not happy with using Jason White as second row cover, but at least he isn’t starting. I have more of an issue with the backs; Danielli and Lamont are both big wingers, and not that quick. I think Evans would have thrived on any half chances that we are more likely to get against the expansive Fijian game. Not sure how Lamont has been performing in Toulon, but Paterson has been playing well; still, I'm not particularly concerned.

Lamont has been fantastic for the Scarlets, hsi first game in particular he scored an outstanding individual try against leinster, and was responsible for six turnovers. He's not been bad since, too, even if he's stopped scoring tries lately.

So Patternson isn't even on the bench? NO SENSE MADE. Seems like a solid enough squad besides him, though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 9 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lamont has been fantastic for the Scarlets, hsi first game in particular he scored an outstanding individual try against leinster, and was responsible for six turnovers. He's not been bad since, too, even if he's stopped scoring tries lately.

So Patternson isn't even on the bench? NO SENSE MADE. Seems like a solid enough squad besides him, though.[/b]
Paterson is on the bench...Mossy is Paterson...

Forwards... Scotland normally have a competitive pack, this isn't their proble atm.

Backs:

1. Small point, but I thought Lamont normally wore 11 and Danielli 14?
2. Never heard of Alex Grove, what's he like?
3. I hope the Evans brothers are injured. Otherwise Robinson is committing suicide by omitting them. And if he's resting players because it's Fiji, then he's foolish. This is a game Scotland are very capable of losing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 9 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Forwards... Scotland normally have a competitive pack, this isn't their proble atm.

Backs:

3. I hope the Evans brothers are injured. Otherwise Robinson is committing suicide by omitting them. And if he's resting players because it's Fiji, then he's foolish. This is a game Scotland are very capable of losing.[/b]

1. Probably true, I don't pay great attention to the women
2. Worcester centre, played well for the A team in the summer. More of a passer from what I've seen.
3. Max has just had an operation on something (knee?) having just returned from another injury. Thom is fit, and was left out due to lack of versatility. Once Robinson decided he wasn't starting he wanted mutli-positional players on the bench. (Source from BBC/radio clip of him)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g6mcg @ Nov 9 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 9 2009, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Backs:

3. I hope the Evans brothers are injured. Otherwise Robinson is committing suicide by omitting them. And if he's resting players because it's Fiji, then he's foolish. This is a game Scotland are very capable of losing.[/b]

1. Probably true, I don't pay great attention to the women
2. Worcester centre, played well for the A team in the summer. More of a passer from what I've seen.
3. Max has just had an operation on something (knee?) having just returned from another injury. Thom is fit, and was left out due to lack of versatility. Once Robinson decided he wasn't starting he wanted mutli-positional players on the bench. (Source from BBC/radio clip of him)
[/b][/quote]
This is utter bullcrap on Robinsons side. Leave out one of the most exciting Scottish players. I would of put Sean Lamont at 13 and Evans on the wing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Nov 10 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 10 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any suggestion for the Fijian XV?[/b]

Doesn't seem like the Fijian XV has been named yet...
[/b][/quote]

Your right it hasn't been named yet. In the tight forwards I'd expect Dewes, Sauturaga/Ledua, and Deacon Manu (who they poached from the Welsh ;) ) in the front row, with Domolailai and Rawaqa locking. The make up of the loose forwards will depend on the availability of Qera, who has recently played 3 games in 11 days. If selected I'd expect him to start at 7 with Talei at 8 - no idea who will play six as I'm unfamiliar with the remaining loosies in the squad. They should have a very experience inside back combination (Rauluni, Little, Bai). Not sure who will play center (possibly Goneva), but the outside backs should be strong with Delesau, Nalaga, Roko, and Ligari (who must be getting on a bit) competing for spots.

Scotland should be too good, but its interesting to note that Fiji is ranking above Scotland in the IRB world rankings - I expect a win will see Scotland move back above Fiji into 9th place in the rankings.

I would imagine the Fiji lineup would be very similar to the one D_23 mentioned above. 3 players have pulled out from the original squad - Kameli Ratuvou (Saracens), Jone Qovu (Racing-Metro) & Waisea Luveniyali (Harlequins).

Probable Fiji XV:
1. Garaham Dewes
2. Sireli Ledua
3. Alefoso Yalayalatabua
4. Josefa Domolailai
5. Iferemi Rawaqa
6. Netani Talei
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Samu Bola
9. Mosese Rauluni [C]
10. Nicky Little
11. Filimoni Delasau
12. Seremaia Bai
13. Vereniki Goneva
14. Napolioni Nalaga
15. Norman Ligairi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Nov 10 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Nov 10 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Scotland should be too good, but its interesting to note that Fiji is ranking above Scotland in the IRB world rankings - I expect a win will see Scotland move back above Fiji into 9th place in the rankings.
[/b][/quote]

True but Fiji have only played 6 matches since the world cup, all against poor teams whilst Scotland play teams constantly ranked above them about 10 times a season making it far harder to retain ranking points. That said Fiji have alot of great players, in the backs mainly but no continuity as they rarely play with each other. We should look to really pin them back in the first half and take advantage of their mistakes before they get up to speed. I think it will be something like 25-14 Scotland

Robinson is picking big backs (Lamont, Danielli) to counter the big Fijian runners. I'm sure the backs playing against Australia and Argentina will be different, so I wouldn't worry about Thom Evans not being picked. He doesn't expect the Fijians to be kicking much possession away so he's gone for the better tacklers/better strike runners.

Forwards are about as strong as could be expected. Would've had Craig Hamilton in at lock, but he somehow wasn't picked in the squad over McLeod.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crispy @ Nov 10 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Robinson is picking big backs (Lamont, Danielli) to counter the big Fijian runners. I'm sure the backs playing against Australia and Argentina will be different, so I wouldn't worry about Thom Evans not being picked. He doesn't expect the Fijians to be kicking much possession away so he's gone for the better tacklers/better strike runners.

Forwards are about as strong as could be expected. Would've had Craig Hamilton in at lock, but he somehow wasn't picked in the squad over McLeod.[/b]
I think the combo of Hines and Kellock will be fine. They are two guys who are strong and lead by example. Hines is playing well at Leinster and Kellock is very good at Glasgow.

And I think Thom Evans will be in the Australia and Argentina games..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexmac @ Nov 10 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And I think Thom Evans will be in the Australia and Argentina games..[/b]

I certainly hope so. This is meant to be a whole new start for Scotland, finally having got a change of direction under Robinson. I would like to see a much more attacking and aggressive spirit under Robinson than there has been for a long time, and that means playing attacking and exciting players like Evans as far as I'm concerned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 10 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Nov 10 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

True but Fiji have only played 6 matches since the world cup, all against poor teams whilst Scotland play teams constantly ranked above them about 10 times a season making it far harder to retain ranking points. That said Fiji have alot of great players, in the backs mainly but no continuity as they rarely play with each other. We should look to really pin them back in the first half and take advantage of their mistakes before they get up to speed. I think it will be something like 25-14 Scotland
[/b][/quote]

Fiji doesnt normarlly play well away from home, but i'm fully behind my Fiji team. They will have to muscle up in the forwards and minimize mistakes in the backs.. most of this fiji team know each other well, so there should be some good combinations during the game..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaiviti2 @ Nov 10 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Nov 10 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Fiji doesnt normarlly play well away from home, but i'm fully behind my Fiji team. They will have to muscle up in the forwards and minimize mistakes in the backs.. most of this fiji team know each other well, so there should be some good combinations during the game..
[/b][/quote]

I of course want Scotland to win but I always enjoy watching Fijian rugby, lots of passion and great runnung game

It's apretty good fiji team but scotland will win well.Paterson as to be in 22 and start vs australia and argentina can't afford droping to many points in thtese games

Delasau & Ligairi wont be able to play this weekend as they're having visa problems...it also looks likely they wont be taking part for the whole tour. Gabriel Lovobalavu (Toulon) has been called up as a replacement.

I hope the management takes this chance to call up either one of Isa Nacewa (Leinster), Timoci Nagusa (Ulster), Saimoni Vaka (Agen) or Marika Vakacegu (Sale Sharks).

Deacon Manu has also joined camp and is very likely to start at TH.

So this could likely be the team:

1. Dewes, 2. Ledua, 3. Manu
4. Domolailai, 5. Rawaqa
6. Talei, 7. Qera, 8. Bola
9. Rauluni, 10. Little
11. Nalaga, 12. Bai, 13. Lovobalavu, 14. Goneva
15. Matavesi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Nov 12 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Delasau & Ligairi wont be able to play this weekend as they're having visa problems...it also looks likely they wont be taking part for the whole tour. Gabriel Lovobalavu (Toulon) has been called up as a replacement.

I hope the management takes this chance to call up either one of Isa Nacewa (Leinster), Timoci Nagusa (Ulster), Saimoni Vaka (Agen) or Marika Vakacegu (Sale Sharks).

Deacon Manu has also joined camp and is very likely to start at TH.

So this could likely be the team:

1. Dewes, 2. Ledua, 3. Manu
4. Domolailai, 5. Rawaqa
6. Talei, 7. Qera, 8. Bola
9. Rauluni, 10. Little
11. Nalaga, 12. Bai, 13. Lovobalavu, 14. Goneva
15. Matavesi[/b]
Is it true that Caucaunibuca is no longer considered for international matches?

Fiji named:

Josh Matavesi; Vereneki Goneva, Gabirieli Lovobalavu, Seremaia Bai (capt), Napolioni Nalaga; Nicky Little, Moses Rauluni; Asaeli Boko, Akapusi Qera, Josefa Domolailai; Ifereimi Rawaqa, Wame Lewaravu; Deacon Manu, Vili Veikoso, Alefoso Yalayalatabua

Replacements: Graham Dewes, Sereli Ledua, Leone Nakarawa, Samu Bola, Waisale Vatuvoka, Jonetani Ratu, Nasoni Roko

Talei ruled out because of injury, so they are playing Domolailai at 6 and have Lewaravu at lock - gives them some height in the lineout at least. I don't know anything about the full-back Matavesi - he apparently played for England under 20's this year though so he must be talented. 5 new caps in total (Deacon Manu, Viliame Veikoso, Asaeli Boko, Napolioni Nalaga, Josh Matavesi) - I fell they may struggle against Scotland, but I hope I'm wrong.

Latest posts