• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Georgia - 23/10/20

Lads be kind to the scots.
They don't even know how to celebrate a win properly.
:(

SmartUntriedBluewhale-size_restricted.gif

The passion from Georgia is really good to see. But not a lot of structure with ball in hand.
But how many have been playing rugby at any kind of competitive level since February. At the moment this scoreline isn't awful. Could have been far worse tbh.

For goodness sake, another maul try. Well i guess, if something works, keep using it.

But how many have been playing rugby at any kind of competitive level since February. At the moment this scoreline isn't awful. Could have been far worse tbh.

Your right. I keep forgetting about the massive break from playing.

Issue still though is whether that's Scotland dominance or just poor Georgian defence. Probably both, but how much can Scotland take from it?
Literally nothing. Learning that Georgia can't defend mauls isn't going to help Scotland when they come up against better teams.

Why not try to work on some strike moves and take something useful from this game?

Last couple of tries much better. Nice break from Toolis earlier too.

Flood gates have opened. Georgia tried well and I give them credit for lasting so long without it getting silly.

Might mute now, getting bored of hyperbole from the commentators and pundits.

Flood gates have opened. Georgia tried well and I give them credit for lasting so long without it getting silly.

Might mute now, getting bored of hyperbole from the commentators and pundits.

Georgia definitely tried, their defense at their own tryline when it was not a maul was really impressive at times.

Decent run out for Scotland to blow the cobwebs off, but not much to learn from it.

That's want you want for a warm up game as a Scotland fan. Main structure/ game plan seemed to go well, a few inaccurate to sort out yet they still won very comfortably.

Shows the deficiencies in the World Rankings. Italy are a far better team than Georgia but as as Tier 1 team they normally play other tier 1 teams and their rankings suffer.

Georgia as a tier 2 team normally play other tier 2 teams and they therefore win a lot more games against than Italy and their ranking benefits.

Shows the deficiencies in the World Rankings. Italy are a far better team than Georgia but as as Tier 1 team they normally play other tier 1 teams and their rankings suffer.

Georgia as a tier 2 team normally play other tier 2 teams and they therefore win a lot more games against than Italy and their ranking benefits.
True, but then Georgia have pretty much been top of tier 2 European rugby for the last 10 years. They aren't going to progress unless they can play T1 countries. It's the issue with ring fencing the 6N's. Before covid i was all for relegation of some kind or a play off, but definitely supported T1 countries giving T2 countries more opportunities. However now with unions struggling financially I can see the argument for ring fencing to protect finances.

The Georgia try was definitely given in sympathy as the pass was very clearly miles forward. Georgia are in a frustrating place of being too good for tier 2 and too poor for tier 1. It shows just the extreme gulf that exists in rugby and the sport will not grow until tier 2 teams can actually show they can progress.

That's want you want for a warm up game as a Scotland fan. Main structure/ game plan seemed to go well, a few inaccurate to sort out yet they still won very comfortably.
I'm not sure it was ... I don't really understand Townsend's gameplan?

I don't get why you'd pick a second playmaker in midfield (initially Lang and then moving Hastings to 12) but then revert to scoring most of your points from lineout drives?

When it was clear that the Georgians weren't going to put up much opposition, they'd have learned a lot more by trying to run a few more moves in the backs rather than just mauling against a passive defence.

I guess you could say they were practicing their structures to play against Wales next weekend, but beyond that, I don't really know what they were looking to achieve other than the dubious morale boost of an easy win?

On last night's evidence, Georgia could be in for an Autumn of heavy defeats.

Latest posts