• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland World Cup Squad

Have to say, I'm a little surprised Bayliss didn't make this squad. I didn't expect him to go to the RWC, but I thought his versatility might have made him worth a look.
Then again, as an injury backup - how useful is versatility?

I thought turncoat Ruaridh McConnochie was touted as being in contention for the WC?

All the names expected so far, like a broken record but the group games are massive.

Good lineup but puzzled than Johnny Grey not listed

As far as the backs go we had fairly settled and effective selection for the 6N which by and large did the job. Hastings/Redpath is an pairing I would like to get familier with seeing in the warmups, need to make sure we have some backup to Finn and Huwipulotu.

The forwards were consistent as well, France and Ireland were the big tests previously and we weren't a walkover by any stretch. Again concistency is the answer, Schu and Zander are our best props by a margin for me. Good to see Darge in the mix he is a real talent that needs utilised more.

Henderson been really good for Tigers this year, reckon he could have a bit of a breakout at lock if given a chance

On the Wimbledon coverage they just said that Ben White is Scotland's first choice fly half. I wasn't aware of this. I will have to watch more of Wimbledon to get updates on Scottish rugby.

On the Wimbledon coverage they just said that Ben White is Scotland's first choice fly half. I wasn't aware of this. I will have to watch more of Wimbledon to get updates on Scottish rugby.
Who was the commentator?

Hogg's been a massive part of Scotland for 12 years and can take massive credit for being the starting point of changing our mindset and bringing a real attacking threat to the national team. Looking at it overall he can perhaps feel pleased to go out after a good 6N where Scotland cemented themselves solidly in the minimum position they deserved - how far our RWC can go is a big question and could easily be a disappointment that Hogg is far better than.

Calls are out there for Olllie Smith to get a look in, goign to be a tough one to move Kinghorn who now on paper will be more or less nailed into the starting XV for now.

Scotland team V Italy on Saturday:

15. Ollie Smith (Glasgow Warriors),
14.Darcy Graham (Edinburgh)
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester)
12. Stafford McDowall (Glasgow Warriors)
11. Kyle Steyn (Glasgow Warriors)
10. Ben Healy (Edinburgh)
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors)
1. Rory Sutherland (unattached)
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors)
3. Murphy Walker (Glasgow Warriors)
4. Sam Skinner (Edinburgh),
5. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Luke Crosbie (Edinburgh)
7. Rory Darge (C)(Glasgow Warriors)
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)

Replacements: Stuart McInally (Edinburgh), Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors), Javan Sebastian (Edinburgh), Cameron Henderson (Leicester Tigers), Josh Bayliss (Bath), Jamie Dobie (Glasgow Warriors), Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh), Cameron Redpath (Bath).

Healy and Smith have the spotlight on them, Darge as well makes a welcome return.

Latest posts