• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrumhat

B

bates

Hi, My best mate has his B-day next month and as his considering of playing rugby occassionally I was thinking of buying him a scrumhat.
I checked worldrugbyshop and found some nice ones, as it is a present I don't know his size, any good advice on buying a scrumhat for somebody else, is it acceptable if it's to big orso?

thnx

Covertly find out what his fave colours are, then buy him the opposi.... erm buy him one with his fave colours on it, unless its pink, then he's probably already different enough, but yeah, find out what colours he likes, try them on for comfort, one I had ****** me off cause the strap was rough as, was like wearing sand paper on my neck for 80 mins. also pick one that has a fair amount of air holes, worst thing you can have is one with like two for the ears..... especially with long hair... unless you like the idea of pulling the hat off and a torrent of water coming out like a watertank with a hole in it. and guesstimate his size.

Well, the model I had in mind was the CCC of 89$ that's decent I reckon, color well, Plain black, size??

Is it comfortable to have a big scrumhat or does it need to be tight.

I never wore it and I'm not planning to wear it tbh, never had difficulites with people pulling down my hair, only during a b-ball game and I smashed my elbow to his noise :D

Its best to have one that's reasonably tight, but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. Its usually okay if they are maybe a size to big, but they can usually be adjustable.

They're expensive.
buy him a ball instead theyre cheaper and better cos then you can pass it around after you give it too him.

Hmm, I like the idea of that but as we're going to visist a brewery close to a river I already know that that ball will end up in the river after playing rugby with too much alcohol in our bodies :D but thnx for the tip

What about this bro??????
training_darcy_080207.jpg

Just kidding :D :lol: ;) :lol:

I'd tell you what: just give him a gift, which will become his favorite, anyway if size willn't fit he'll go and change it, but you try and somehow scan your friend's head and approximate it to your gift

What about hats: I like this PUMA one

Puma%20Scrum%20Cap.jpg

Cheers bro, as mentionned above I'm going for the Canterbury one.

I'm ordering from the Internet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (amobokobokoboko @ Oct 16 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cheers bro, as mentionned above I'm going for the Canterbury one.

I'm ordering from the Internet.[/b]

To be honest Canterbury is better one ;)

CCC%20canterbury.jpg

Thnx for the many helpfull replies.

Altho I still didn't solve the size issue; maybe I can just go for the XXL one as my mate is very intelligent and a bit chubby :D

Latest posts