• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sean Lamont lined up for homecoming as Edinburgh target Scotland wing

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
S

snoopy snoopy dog dog

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
And sources say Lamont is close to putting pen to paper on a deal that will see him in Edinburgh's colours next season.[/b]
http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby/Sean-Lamon...d-up.4958614.jp

He's not world class by any means but bringing Sean Lamont back to play in Scotland is further evidence that the SRU are trying to reinforce their pro clubs/districts. While it'll be good for Scotland having their top players under SRU control, it will also help improve the Magners League.

Not "world class" (I hate that phrase), huh?

Hmmm... Quite a downfall for who was called "the worlds best winger" 3 years ago.

Based on yesterdays performance I'd take Roberts and Turnbull above him any day. I like Lamont, but I just don't think he's nearly as good as he was.

And no offence Mite, I'd hardly say moving to Edinburgh is a 'downfall'.

That was in reference to "He's not world class by any means", not a comment on Edinborough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 8 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not "world class" (I hate that phrase), huh?

Hmmm... Quite a downfall for who was called "the worlds best winger" 3 years ago.[/b]
Form in 2005/2006 doesn't relate to form in 2009 in any way. Hell, in 2006 Brian Carney was named NRL's best winger. For the last year and a half he's struggled to make the Munster squad never mind team. Lamont may have been good a few years ago but he's no more than adequate today (in my opinion).

I hate the "world class" term too and am disgusted that I used it!

This whole bringing all our players back home is kind of stupid.

We only have 2 clubs, that means we'll have the same players, playing the same games, over and over again, with limited spaces on the pitch.

Not that we need a plethora of overseas players, but it'd be good to give some of the younger guys a chance, instead of putting out 2 perspective Scotland teams every week, I bet this is all a cunning way of cutting down on the SRU's Sky bill. So they can just either travel to the games or just catch it on Setanta...they'll be looking to get rid of Sky Sports because that extra £20 a month is really killing them.

If we had a 3rd club, this would be a different story, but we don't.

Having players in the GP and Top 14 adds a new dimension to the squad, tell me Strock doesn't bring something new to the table when he's in Scotland colours, Simon Taylor to some extent too.

We don't need Sean Lamont in Scotland, this intiative is a step in the wrong direction.

Lamonts been a bit off form for a while, but hes had some really bad injuries since 2006 when he was playing his best stuff. Theres a video on youtube of him scoring 4 awesome tries for Saints, also he almost scored from his own line against the All Blacks, form is temporary class is permanent :)

To further my point, I'd like to see Welsh players cropping up in the Super 14, maybe like a loan thing to develop players and entice bigger names to the Magners League and GP, it'd do both nations good.

Not just Welsh mind, maybe some English, maybe some Scots and Irish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Feb 13 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To further my point, I'd like to see Welsh players cropping up in the Super 14, maybe like a loan thing to develop players and entice bigger names to the Magners League and GP, it'd do both nations good.

Not just Welsh mind, maybe some English, maybe some Scots and Irish.[/b]

problem is timing though, they're going to be flying under the radar by playing in the Super 14 at that time of year.

Latest posts