• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Second Test: Australia vs. British and Irish Lions (29/06/13) Melbourne

Veal

Academy Player
Country Flag
Australia
Walabies Team released:

Australia</SPAN>: Kurtley Beale; Israel Folau, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Christian Leali'ifano, Joe Tomane; James O'Connor, Will Genia; Wycliff Palu, Michael Hooper, Ben Mowen, James Horwill (c), Kane Douglas, Ben Alexander, Stephen Moore, Benn Robinson. Reserves: Saia Fainga'a, James Slipper, Sekope Kepu, Rob Simmons, Liam Gill, Nick Phipps, Rob Horne, Jesse Mogg.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Incredibly Ashley-Cooper and Leali'ifano deemed fit to start. Thats a boost. Deans retains O'Conner at 10 which some may think is even more incredible....

Beale in at fullback - increases the attacking potential - we now have three playmakers to feed the big runners.

Tomane for Ioane - Quality player - can catch and kick, something Ioane struggles with. Solid performer for the Brumbies and great finisher. Does not rampage through broken play like Ioane but is a fantastic support player.

No changes to forwards - Fair enough. Reward the effort of game 1. Leaving George Smith out of the squad is a big call.

Horne on bench - can be great but also hot/cold in attack and defence. Has played well this year for Waratahs. Deans obviously rates him.

Mogg on bench - well deserved selection. He's quick and has x-factor in attack. Good positional kicker. Good defender but he is small when you consider whats going to be running at him....

Prediction - For me I wonder if the Walalbies can match the intensity of their defence, line gains and ruck work of the first test. That kept the Lion's from getting into their rythm. If this backline gets quality ball they should score tries. However in the end I suspect we will score more tries but the Lions will kick more goals and tough out a win.

Latest posts