• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

See Rugby League 2 in April at...

i dont half the time
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@May 5 2005, 01:34 AM
Nobody understands Kaftka half the time!
bananaz need sex 2

<

i dont think kaftkas human

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 6 2005, 05:55 PM
Wow guys, I'm flattered, really.

And Chiro, I'm definitely human. Usually.
usually?...

well....
<

thats nice to know
<

Originally posted by Wally@May 4 2005, 09:10 PM
You either really hate teenage geeks or you're obsessed with them because you brought them up in nearly every sentence haha.
Yeah Wally thanks for noticing my quip about teenage geeks. It is just that I wanted to get the point across that there were more geeks there then I had ever seen in my life and that was why I left before I got a chance to play the game. Serously I don't give them much though otherwise. Also condolences on being a Red's fan - is it similar to being a Leeds United fan?

Hey guys, I just caught a segment on tv about RL2, it was at that expo thing you are all talking about, anyway it looked pretty decent there was a kick off, a couple of hits and some running with the ball. I did notice one problem still there from the last game, you know when you try to run diagonal in the opposite direction to what you are facing, instead of running in that direction the player does that weird float sideways while his legs seem to be going in the other direction, its hard to describe, but it was annoying in RL1 and resulted in you sort of having to counter steer the player to straighten him up. I know this isnt the final version of the game, but is this a problem you have noticed and intend to fix over the next few months??

I stand by my original description that they were geeks although I am sure that there was also a wide distribution of nerds but the most of them would have fitted under the geek definition.

Originally posted by BigTen+May 6 2005, 08:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigTen @ May 6 2005, 08:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 4 2005, 09:10 PM
You either really hate teenage geeks or you're obsessed with them because you brought them up in nearly every sentence haha.
Yeah Wally thanks for noticing my quip about teenage geeks. It is just that I wanted to get the point across that there were more geeks there then I had ever seen in my life and that was why I left before I got a chance to play the game. Serously I don't give them much though otherwise. Also condolences on being a Red's fan - is it similar to being a Leeds United fan? [/b]
I'm not sure, what's it like being a Leeds United fan? I should probably take offense but I'm getting tired of sticking up for Queensland.

Originally posted by BigTen@May 8 2005, 06:00 PM
I stand by my original description that they were geeks although I am sure that there was also a wide distribution of nerds but the most of them would have fitted under the geek definition.
A geek is merely somebody interested in the development of technology, and needless electronic devices. A nerd is that, and one who collects Pokemon cards (*cough* Wally *cough*) and CosPlay's.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 7 2005, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, I just caught a segment on tv about RL2, it was at that expo thing you are all talking about, anyway it looked pretty decent there was a kick off, a couple of hits and some running with the ball. I did notice one problem still there from the last game, you know when you try to run diagonal in the opposite direction to what you are facing, instead of running in that direction the player does that weird float sideways while his legs seem to be going in the other direction, its hard to describe, but it was annoying in RL1 and resulted in you sort of having to counter steer the player to straighten him up. I know this isnt the final version of the game, but is this a problem you have noticed and intend to fix over the next few months??
i know what ya talkin bout buddy..the shoddy movement...yeah i was afraid of stuff like dat reappearing....dam...if we cud hav football with fluid movement like madden
<
..hopefully this gets fixed and they dont hide this stuff with all the fancy features they got!

take note Mario

I found RL1 was a pretty solid game as far as gameplay goes, there were just lots of little ****les like this, that when compounded made it a bit frustrating. I would have thought these would be the first things ironed out.

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 9 2005, 10:31 AM
I found RL1 was a pretty solid game as far as gameplay goes, there were just lots of little ****les like this, that when compounded made it a bit frustrating. I would have thought these would be the first things ironed out.
Just out of interest, where did you see this footage of RL 2?

On TV, there was a thing about armagedon or whatever its called, and they showed a brief interview with mario and some gameplay footage. I did say this in my original post. I dont know what show it was on, but it was last weekend.

Yeah Wally - you know Leeds United are a bit like the Queensland Reds - they had a good spell a long time ago but now they are cack.

Bad management, fat Australian players, poor financial acumen and unrealistic expectations all contributed to their downfall but no-one really cares. The only question that is left is just how far will they fall.

Lucky for the Reds that there is no relegation in their respective competition.

Queensland does well financially but I can't argue your other points, you're pretty much spot on.

Go Broncos!

Originally posted by BigTen@May 12 2005, 09:09 PM
Lucky for the Reds that there is no relegation in their respective competition.
It's a representative level competition, so unlike club comps there can't be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bad management, fat Australian players, poor financial acumen and unrealistic expectations all contributed to their downfall but no-one really cares.  The only question that is left is just how far will they fall.[/b]

Fat Aussie players? How can that be? I've never seen a soccer player with an ounce of fat on him!

I can mention lots of representative competitions that have promotion/relegation.

Also when it comes to fat Australian football players - think Harry Kewell, Mark Bosnich, Mark Viduka.

And then of course there is Diego "Fat Boy" Maradonna. Yes yes I do realise that he isn't Australian but he is a classic example.

Latest posts