Select players from other teams

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Saw BBC story about which player coaches would choose from one of the other teams to join their squad. As expected the coaches mostly danced around the issue.

So I was thinking I'd ask the same here but maybe expand it. Which 3 players would you pick from any of the other 6N sides? They all must be from different teams.

Personally I'd go with:

Hugh Jones
Connor Murray
Sam Warburton

Saw BBC story about which player coaches would choose from one of the other teams to join their squad. As expected the coaches mostly danced around the issue.

So I was thinking I'd ask the same here but maybe expand it. Which 3 players would you pick from any of the other 6N sides? They all must be from different teams.

Personally I'd go with:

Hugh Jones
Connor Murray
Sam Warburton
Surely we'd go with a 12 over a 13 or 7? Agree with Murray though.

I'd probably take three Frenchies if allowed...
Ehhhh...

Guirado
Daly
Wyn Jones

Best and Toner would drop out of the match day squad, Earls becomes number 23 with Daly covering 13 from the field.

Obviously purely tactical, as if I'd let Daly tarnish a green jersey!

I'm raiding Ireland:

Furlong - why wouldn't you want the world's best TH?

Murray - I think we'd look a very different team with a top SH.

Henshaw - well he's a centre, isn't he?

Stuart Hogg to end the FB debate for good although I'd be just as happy with Liam Williams.

Tadhg Furlong enough said.

My third pick based on sheer quality of the player would be Taulupe Faletau if he could play 6 with Billy at 8, if not I'd go for Wesley Fofana at 12 with Farrell at 10.

Scotland could do with Billy V at 8 and Peter O'M at 6. Furlong would also most welcome.
'

All Irish picks for me. Furlong, Murray, Sexton.
If we had to take another it would be James Ryan.

Hmm, not that easy really.
- Guirado. Him and Best can swap halves.
- Then, I'd raid England for full back and take Will Addison Andy Farrell. If he can't learn to be a full back, then Henshaw drops back to 15 and Farrell at 12. Henshaw can into the line from 15 at 12, 13 or outside the 13 with Farrell able to play off Sexton inside and Ringrose/Henshaw outside.
- Rhys Webb as cover for Conor Murray.

To be honest, I'm really struggling to come up with players that I'd take into the first 15. A few of the French would appeal, Giroud or Fofana, but can't pick more than one of them.

A Scrum Half.
Anyone's scrum half - yes, I'd even take Laidlaw; he could even have the captain's armband if it keeps Farrell away from conversations with the ref.

As I've got to pick 3 players though... A second scrum half to sit on the bench, and Peter O'Mahoney so that we don't even think about selecting Shields.

Some people no read so good!

Johnny Sexton - great to be able to hurt Ireland, the Sexton 10, Farrell 12 didn't pan out too badly for the Lions.

Rhys Webb - I've been sick and tired of England's lot at scrum half to pass up an opportunity to do something about it. Would have picked Murray but for the different teams constraint.

Stuart Hogg - another weak spot for England.

Can I have a fourth please? It would be nice to slot Guirado in too and put the England hooker debate to bed. Without the one per nation constraint, I would have ripped the 9, 10 backbone out of Ireland and would have been sorely tempted to inflict more damage by making it 8, 9, 10 (given that we all know that Billy will break his hand in the first half on Saturday).

Some people no read so good!

Johnny Sexton - great to be able to hurt Ireland, the Sexton 10, Farrell 12 didn't pan out too badly for the Lions.

Rhys Webb - I've been sick and tired of England's lot at scrum half to pass up an opportunity to do something about it. Would have picked Murray but for the different teams constraint.

Stuart Hogg - another weak spot for England.

Can I have a fourth please? It would be nice to slot Guirado in too and put the England hooker debate to bed. Without the one per nation constraint, I would have ripped the 9, 10 backbone out of Ireland and would have been sorely tempted to inflict more damage by making it 8, 9, 10 (given that we all know that Billy will break his hand in the first half on Saturday).

I no read good either i picked 2 Scots before.

Id go,

Hooker - McInally - Scotland - on great form.

Lock - Ryan - Ireland - next to Itoje would be a good lock combo

FB - liam Williams Wales - i like him at FB.

Latest posts