Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Caitlyn Jenner

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Given the amount of rising talent and depth in particular areas, it'll be interesting to see the make up of the Blues side in 2017, especially in the backline. They are looking very much like a team on the rise and are bound to cause some havoc. So, my question is, if you were selecting your top 23 (assuming no injuries), what would be the make-up of your 2017 Blues side? (Particularly interested in the midfield and back 3)

Here's mine:
1. P. Manu
2. T. McCartney
3. C. Faumuiina
4. P. Tuipolotu
5. S. Luatua
6. J. Kaino
7. B. Gibson
8. A. Ioane
9. A. Pulu
10. I. West
11. R. Ranger
12. SBW
13. G. Moala
14. R. Ioane
15. M. Nanai

16. Q. MacDonald
17. O. Tu'ungafasi
18. S. Prattley
19. J. Tupou
20. K. Pryor
21. S. Nock
22. P. Francis
23. M. Duffy

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Blues looking good for next season, just need a 10 to pull it all together. Francis could be an option there.

Given the amount of rising talent and depth in particular areas, it'll be interesting to see the make up of the Blues side in 2017, especially in the backline. They are looking very much like a team on the rise and are bound to cause some havoc. So, my question is, if you were selecting your top 23 (assuming no injuries), what would be the make-up of your 2017 Blues side? (Particularly interested in the midfield and back 3)

Here's mine:
1. P. Manu
2. T. McCartney
3. C. Faumuiina
4. P. Tuipolotu
5. S. Luatua
6. J. Kaino
7. B. Gibson
8. A. Ioane
9. A. Pulu
10. I. West
11. R. Ranger
12. SBW
13. G. Moala
14. R. Ioane
15. M. Nanai

16. Q. MacDonald
17. O. Tu'ungafasi
18. S. Prattley
19. J. Tupou
20. K. Pryor
21. S. Nock
22. P. Francis
23. M. Duffy

Thoughts?

I would be very mindful of Perofeta. He is quite the favourite around the provincial scene this season. Literally the second name on the list after Jordie Barrett. Played U20 NZ at 10. If Umaga is any indication, he's pretty good with talent... This kid could be the number 10 that they thought they would have got with West. It won't happen this season, unless injury. So...

Has George Moala signed on? What's his contract looking like? Does Umaga ignore provincial this season and where Rieko Ioane played?

Their backs are so... Muddled. They have so many players, and it's a grey area tbh. You have the pool of SBW(12), Moala(12), Ranger,(13) Rieko Ioane(13)... You cannot ignore Rieko. So... He gets 14, or centre. He starts, either way. I guess you could play them all, Ranger(11), SBW/Moala, Ioane(14)... With West. Then there's Nanai, Visinia, Male Sa'u, Tevita Li, Piers Francis, Duffie(all these players started at some point the season just gone, or are on the rotation), Perofeta, TJ Faiane(waiting on this kid ffs)... That's nuts. That is EIGHT players for... 3 positions at the very maximum. 10, 11, and 15.

Your line-up will be pretty accurate, but Tu'ungafasi? Think he'll start.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be a good season for the Blues, but with all the other NZ teams so strong... They'll have to wait a few more years.

Latest posts