• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi-Final Refs

A

An Tarbh

Munster fans will be happy with this one, Nigel Owens will take charge of the Munster Leinster match while Alain Rolland will be in charge of the Cardiff Blues Leicester match the following day.

No surprise really, was a toss up between Barnes and Owens, would have preferred Barnes myself but even with a favourable ref it's a massive uphill task.

Poite and Fitzgibbon have been given the Challenge Cup semis.

Ah now, Owens is a better ref for the most part. I'm not a Wayne Barnes fan. That's not to say I'm glad to see him because he's generally a good oman for munster rugby which is a bonus.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 16 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Goodbye Leinster. You had a good run.[/b]

got us top seeding for next season so got something out of this year at least, we'll still probably get Wasps or Biarritz should they qualify but what the hell.

ah now don't be talkin like that. We're in the thing to win it, not to get a better group next year. I mean, it's only munster :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Apr 16 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ah now don't be talkin like that. We're in the thing to win it, not to get a better group next year. I mean, it's only munster :p[/b]

obviously I know that but Munster this year do have the look of the immovable object about them so I may as well take any consolation I can get, granted it's a tad defeatist but such was the pain of that defeat 3 years ago and the fact that Munster have the Indian sign over us that I can't approach it any other way.

Yeah but remember the last time we had an away tie against the holders and we were massive underdogs. We'll probably need a performance like that against Munster but blind optimism says theres no way we can't win!

I take it all back now, we've won the toss for the home dressing room. How can we possibly lose now!

news could be getting better for Leinster if Nigel Owens fails to recover from the ankle injury picked up in the Quins Leinster match, if he misses out Wayne Barnes will replace him.

He was the <strike>touch judge</strike> assistant referee in one of the Swalec cup semi fanals yesterday, so I'm sure he's already recovered!

How many closet Kiwis are on this board? What's with all the Wayne Barnes hating?

And for the record, Owens is a chump.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Apr 20 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How many closet Kiwis are on this board? What's with all the Wayne Barnes hating?

And for the record, Owens is a chump.[/b]

but normally Owens is a chump against Irish sides so we're fine with him, sadly though for us he has a liking and familiarity with Munster that could cost us in the semi-final, I refuse to accept our own ineptitudes as the main reason for any loss :p

Lets be honest here Wayne Barnes is an awful ref, I'm fairly sure he doesn't bother half the time. Allain Rolland though is good news for the Blues I reckon.

Latest posts