• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Serge Betsen to Wasps ?

S

Stillknox

Here is some interesting (or not) french rumor...

S-BETSEN-&-F-MIKULA.gif

(don't ask me why i chose this picture...)

The Midol, a french newspaper about rugby announce this thursday that the London Wasps want former french international and captain Serge Betsen to replace Dallaglio after his retirement, and to cover Haskell, Worsley and Rees's absence during the 6 Nations period.

Betsen had planned to retire after this season but apparently he's very attracted by a little trip across the channel for ending his career. Raphael Ibanez could be the intermediate during the negociation.

For info Betsen is 34 but he's still very competitive with Biarritz... not a long range choice for sure, but he can be a precious 'joker' for the Wasps.

I remember whenever England played against him he was always a danger player, constantly down Johnny's neck all day long. Would be a good signing for Wasps, but surely with the quality academy they have down in Wycombe there is no need to splash out cash for cover during the 6 Nations.

no !!! serge betsen must stay in france !!! it's one of the best player of top 14 !!!!

TBH I don't see Joe Worsley having much of an england future. he's too old.

That means that even during 6 nations, their back row will have him in it. There's still Dan Leo as well, plus Wasps have 2 quality young back rows, one of which (Hugo Ellis) just captained England U20 to a 6 nations grand slam. I'd rather blood them in to be honest.

Whilst it's important to not block the path of young players hoping to develop and reach the first team it would be an interesting signing and a player of Betsen's quality could have a lot of experience to pass on to younger players.
I'd rather blood the young players personally but I guess it all depends if the Wasps coaching staff feel those players are ready to make the step up.

He would be great at wasps, but to be honest wasps have already got some of the best flankers in rugby at the moment. Worsley and Rees are an excellent partnership but still Betsen with one of those would be even better.

Betson is a call player and will make up for old age by reading the game and more importantly reading the oppesition. This seams to be a dying art.

it is posible but i dont think he go t england because he is in the last poeride of this cariere

He was offered to go to Leicester the other year, it can only spell good things though.

Latest posts