• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Set Play info

T

toup

Just wondering if anyone who's played the game could elaborate more on set plays. We have seen them in videos but I just had a few more questions:

1. Can you interrupt the play at any time if a gap appears- say if you spot a gap with your 10 and want to go yourself rather than pass it.

2. If you call no set play then pass it quickly will it usually go to hand (we know what happens if you go too quickly after calling a set play)

3. Having played more, have you had any more luck against the AI with set moves (remember Locks saying that teh AI seemed not to fall for them so much)

4. Can you call set plays from mauls? (Not seen that as far as I can remember)

5. Do the defensive changes with the D-Pad work well and does the AI do well in countering them (ie going wide if you call the close defence etc.)

Sorry to ask more questions, but 2 weeks is a very long time to wait... think I would have considered emigration if I was one of you SH boys! Yes you'd be leaving nicer weather and girls, but A WHOLE EXTRA COUPLE OF WEEKS WAITING?!?!

Originally posted by toup@Feb 20 2005, 11:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone who's played the game could elaborate more on set plays. We have seen them in videos but I just had a few more questions:

1. Can you interrupt the play at any time if a gap appears- say if you spot a gap with your 10 and want to go yourself rather than pass it.

2. If you call no set play then pass it quickly will it usually go to hand (we know what happens if you go too quickly after calling a set play)

3. Having played more, have you had any more luck against the AI with set moves (remember Locks saying that teh AI seemed not to fall for them so much)

5. Do the defensive changes with the D-Pad work well and does the AI do well in countering them (ie going wide if you call the close defence etc.)

Sorry to ask more questions, but 2 weeks is a very long time to wait... think I would have considered emigration if I was one of you SH boys! Yes you'd be leaving nicer weather and girls, but A WHOLE EXTRA COUPLE OF WEEKS WAITING?!?!

Yes, you can

No. If you wait for the players to form an attacking line and pass it out, they'll catch it! If you pass too quickly from a ruck while your players are joggin into place, you'll throw it anywhere!

Yeah, I score a lot of tries and make a lot of breaks from using set moves!

I'm sure you can, I'll double check later!

The D-pad defence system works fine, but the AI on normal doesn't really seem to take advantage!

Locks...

with the ball going to ground thingy if you pass too early from the ruck.....

can you fix this by making your halfback PICK up the ball first and then pass it (I know this sounds stupid). If the programme is such that a pass in NORMAL play goes to hand, then THEORETICALLY if you make the half PICK UP THE BALL FIRST from the ruck then the programme should have him coded as a player in OPEN play and not as a halfback...therefore ANY pass he makes should go to HAND.

This principle is the same as doing the MISS OUT pass from the ruck/maul in WCR. There was no miss out pass from the ruck so to do it you made your halfback pick it up first, then pass it with the miss out (double tap).

Locks..if this principle is possible then we may have found the key to that anoying wait for players to move into position before passing problem and therefore have faster clearance............actually clearance whenever we choose.

Latest posts