• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Setanta (Dish Network, USA) for Rugby coverage?

M

moonnerd

I am thinking about getting Setanta through Dish network in the USA for Rugby and Premiership Football (soccer). Do you know of any problems with the service? I am planning on getting it this week in time for the FA Cup final and Lions Tour.

cheers -
Rob

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (moonnerd @ May 23 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am thinking about getting Setanta through Dish network in the USA for Rugby and Premiership Football (soccer). Do you know of any problems with the service? I am planning on getting it this week in time for the FA Cup final and Lions Tour.

cheers -
Rob[/b]

Just that Setanta are about to go out of business.

Yeah its about to go bust so I'd hold off and keep an eye on who snaps up the rights to show stuff in North America. ESPN or News Corp (who own Fox, BSKYB, etc) could get it.

Good news is they're trying to ringfence the Irish section of the Business, Hurrah. Coz they make a modest profi here. Coz we're cool.

i really hope espn, fox, or even nbc get the right for some rugby would love to actually watch it on tv and not the net!

ESPN would be good because then I'd be able to catch more NH rugby on the ESPN channel we have here.

Latest posts