• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sevens Help

B

BTait24

I'm from canada where rugby is not big at all, you can barely get it with sattelite that gives you 500 channels. but what i want to know is the main differences, the basics to sevens rugby compared to XV.

Apart from the 7 players on the field compared to 15?

7's is basically just a scaled down version of rugby - the same rules still apply but with fewer people; fewer people in scrums and lineouts etc.

the team that scores last kicks off and you must take a drop kick conversion instead of a place kick

Each period half consist of 7 minutes, except the final match from a tournament, when each half consist of 10 minutes. That means that an entire tournament could be held in 2 or 3 days, or even a single day. Although the total match time is very short, comparing with Rugby 15, the amount of scoring is similar.

But how appeard Rugby Sevens?

I'm from canada where rugby is not big at all, you can barely get it with sattelite that gives you 500 channels. but what i want to know is the main differences, the basics to sevens rugby compared to XV.
[/b]
7 men on a team, 7 minutes a side

7's have been on the box when I come home from work lately starting to really get into it. Like the high scoring and the unexpected victories

hey tait they used to broadcast a bunch of 7's tournys on rogers sportsnet in the morning on saturdays and sundays im not sure if they still do... but on topic with 7s; its a much more flashy display of rugby compared to the 15s side, for the majority, it attracts more of the quick side steppers with a much bigger ego than usual.

7wens is also a much faster game, and because there are only 7 players on the field, you are going to be runing much more than in a normale 15 game. so you beter be fit if you want 2 play 7wens. but still its gr8 fun....

The emphasis of play in Sevens is speed, skill, and fitness. A team is usually comprised entirely of backs, because of their fitness and agility compared to their forward counterparts. Furthermore, players may need to get more creative in making plays, with only 14-20 minutes to play a single game.

There are several variations in laws which apply to Rugby Sevens,[2] primarily to speed up the game and to account for the reduced number of players. The main changes can be summarised as follows:

* 7 players per team on field (instead of 15).
* 5 reserves, with only 3 interchanges (instead of 7 and 7).
* 7-minute halves, 10-minute halves in championships (instead of 40-minute halves).
* 1-minute half-time, 2 minutes in championships (instead of 10 minutes).
* Matches drawn after regulation are continued into Sudden Death Extra Time, in 5-minute periods.
* Conversion attempts must be drop-kicked (instead of having the option to place-kick).
* Conversions must be taken within 40 seconds of scoring a try (instead of 60 seconds).
* 3-man scrums (instead of 8).
* The scoring team kicks off (instead of the non-scoring team).
* Yellow cards net a 2-minute suspension (instead of 10 minutes).
o Suspensions are more severe in Sevens than in Fifteens. The team plays a man down for 1/7th of the match instead of 1/8th, and losing 1 man out of 7 opens up many more holes than 1 man out of 15.
* Referees decide on advantage quickly (where one play usually ends advantage, not true in fifteens).
* There are additional officials present (in-goal touch judges) to judge success of kicks at goals and hence the game is not delayed waiting for touch judges to move into position to judge conversion attempts.
B) B) B)

so much difficult than XV but its a really pleasure play it

Latest posts