• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sevens

Dizzy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
I'm just stating my opinion that I don't believe there should be any Sevens involved in this game. It's not that I don't like Sevens, it's just that I don't think HB Studios should waste any time trying to make a Sevens match template work when it's going to be hard enough to make a 15's match work the way we want to.

With that being said, they're going to have to go get more licenses, spend more money and time on making a Sevens mode and then go through the different rule variations it has to Rugby Union. [I mean, there is not much but there are differences]

I'd just rather have HB Studios put 100% into trying to make "Rugby" work as opposed to them putting a great amount of effort into Sevens when let's face it, a game of Sevens rugby would get boring really fast on a console.
With that being said, there are alot of players as it is in world rugby without having all the Sevens players, so adding these players will take up more memory within the game itself and pushing out other enjoyable features that we could have had.

So to finish up, my opinion is NO SEVENS WHATSOEVER.

I agree with you Dizzy. If people want a sevens game then they should make a seperate one from 15s

Good point however, i'd really love to see it. Prehaps some free dlc for the fans? :D

I just think it would be a really good for something different, give us more options gameplay wise.

Really this requires a new topic? Come one people, lets not mess this forum up too much aye?

i love sevens and love to see it in the game but first id love to see a rugby be game, so if they have to leave it out to make 15s then im happy wit that

Really this requires a new topic? Come one people, lets not mess this forum up too much aye?

this forum is messed up because there are too many topics within the one thread..
Which requires new threads for seperate topics..

With that said maybe there has just been some confusion. I started this thread not to alarm the HB Studios guys, I started this topic for the members here at TRF. Because I have seen the numerous suggestions of a Sevens mode and I really do not agree with it being included in the game.

Last edited:
Then why not say that in the forementioned threads?

because it won't get to anybody due to the mass amount of posts in the thread, if there are too many pages, no one is going to read the entire thing

Sevens is an awesome game in its own right! i would buy a game if it was only a sevens game.

But maybe some of the sevens players should be available...
I'm not sure how it is around the rest of the world but pretty much the whole NZ sevens team play provincial rugby and are potentially eligible for all black selection. Having the option to pick DJ Forbes on the all blacks squad could be a lot of fun :)

because it won't get to anybody due to the mass amount of posts in the thread, if there are too many pages, no one is going to read the entire thing
I totally get what you're saying mate, but posting new topics because you think your opinions need to be heard over others, is counter productive and pretty unfair. Everybody has the same problem in that regard, but at least their opinions will be heard amongst the hundreds of other posts, as apposed to completley ignored as is the case in this one. The reasonwe have that thread is so people can contribute ideas for the new game, and 9 posts over the space of a month, doesn't really warrent a totally new topic. It sounds annoying and a pain, because I know everyone wants to get discussion and suggestions on what they'd like to see HB studios add for their new game, but I can't stress enough how if posts are in Suggestions and Ideas for Rugby 2012, they will be taken more on board, and it allows everyone to have an equal say to be heard. Your enthusiasm is brillaint, it would just do you more good to post it in the main section.

It really is a brilliant thing that HB Studios is taking on board what the fans want, to make the job as easy as possible, may future threads please be posted in the main section.

Well, quality over quantity, Sevens or no Sevens, I want the rugby first.

Perhaps a 7s 2016 game? :p

Latest posts