• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sex and the City

This film has probably been a big hit with TRF members, especially in the SH.

Haven't seen it myself, but I'm dying to spend two hours in the company of the "Manhattan douchebags on parade"
after this review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOl37hVfIg
[/b]

Yeah, because we're the ones who feel the need to create a thread about it. Tells us what you really think shtove.

Hate everything about it and the fact that the main star (Sarah Jessica Parker, who's supposed to be some kind of sex icon) is the most hideous woman on the planet.

I like the song made about her.

Never seen a single episode, and I will not see the film. It whizzed right past me.

Love the commentary, but why the hell does he have to stand there with the coke? Is he being sponsored? And why is it such a great masculine quality to be able to burp for more than two seconds and in that way?
Other than that, loved the film.

I would rather slit my throat and gargle listerine than watch that movie. I havent even seen a single trailer and I hope would never see one.The only thing that would motivate me to watch that flick was if they had milfs unfortunately they have old *****es that need to be put down vet (vietnam or veternerian).

Had to watch all the episode with the missus.
Therefore was also "taken" to see the film.
If you liked the show, the film will not dissapoint.
I thought they did a good job of capturing the feel of a television show for a movie.

Sometimes you have to do things you dont want to do for the lady in your life, like watch "sex and the city" at the cinema. Ive actually brainwashed my wife into thinking its mindless shite(which it is). The next film she wants to see is "The Dark Knight", RESULT!!
Just keep telling them you have read the reviews on Empire and it says how awfull the film is and is only worth 1 out of 5 stars and they will soon come round.

My wife absolutely HATES this series and will not see this film. She told me she see's it as a bunch of really ugly old ladies arguing about who can f**k the most guys and then have the audacity to say that men only see them as "accessories or objects". The number one thing we both say is this film is an unabashed celebration of hypocrisy and contradictions of the values of independence it supposedly promotes.

It screams to women "Be shallow and wallow in magazine lifestyle stereotypes, it's freedom and bliss!"

I happened to watch it at some time in the past. It doesn't really grip you, but it's about sex so it sells. Even though there isn't much sex in it.

I'm sure the film was a great success, simply because of the brand, which is obviously huge.

Doesn't mean it's good though. I hear there's a sequel from the guy who made Cloverfield though, apparently the monster eats them all horrifically in graphic detail one by one. He can eat the ginger one first.

NOW THAT I WILL GO AND SEE!

My girl watched it and said there was lots of boning and some dude in the shower with a monster.

Mate, I took my missus to watch the movie and I can bloody well damn tell you it was 2 hours of hell.

I work in a bookshop. After the film left on screens in Russia, every day we sell on some books about adventures of these four women.

My wife absolutely HATES this series and will not see this film. She told me she see's it as a bunch of really ugly old ladies arguing about who can f**k the most guys and then have the audacity to say that men only see them as "accessories or objects". The number one thing we both say is this film is an unabashed celebration of hypocrisy and contradictions of the values of independence it supposedly promotes.

It screams to women "Be shallow and wallow in magazine lifestyle stereotypes, it's freedom and bliss!" [/b]

It took me a whole month to digest this and to come to a conclusion. GReat post indeed! Especially that brilliant assessment
....this film is an unabashed celebration of hypocrisy and contradictions of the values of independence it supposedly promotes[/b]
Wow that couldn't be summed up in a sentence any better! The push for independence and freedom with liberal values that are ultimately self serving seems so hypocritical indeed when these characters in the movie continue to cry out for intimacy on a higher level coupled with respect.....haha! If you have seen the movie "Closer" starring Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Clive Owen, Julia Roberts then you will see this dichotomy of how so many people want to be trusted, respected, valued whilst at the same time not wanting to pay the price of returning these same values. It is like they want intimacy for free! They are not willing to pay the price to achieve true intimacy.

Oh for f***s sake!

I'd rather sit through the entire film of Sex and the City and the million series' they made than have to listen to that douchebag whine on again!
That was f***ing awful, i can't believe i just sat here - ears bleeding - waiting for that thing to end!
I'm angry at myself for doing so...

Oh god, this is it, proof of Shotve's liberal luvvy metrosexual european federalist ideals!

Wot!

That's outrageous, Prestwick!

There are no smilies for it. What you said. Whatever it ... means.

Latest posts