TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51762544_shane_williams1_huw.jpg

Shane Williams is set to end his career at the Ospreys.

The 34-year-old Wales winger says the two-year deal with the Welsh region is likely to be his last.

Williams has been linked with a move to France where fellow Ospreys James Hook and Lee Byrne are heading next season, while Gavin Henson is already there.

"I'm on the verge of signing a two-year contract with the Ospreys, which will probably be my last contract," Williams told BBC Sport Wales.

"I'm really happy at the Ospreys, it's a family in itself for me, it's close to home and I still want to achieve things with the Ospreys.

"Nothing is signed yet and I've got to see if the still want me with my crooked knee as well.

"But hopefully I will be signing in the next couple of weeks which will take me to the end of my professional career."

The British and Irish Lions star, who has scored a record 53 tries in 79 Wales caps, will miss the Ospreys' ***le push as he is expected to be out for three months.

Williams said he suffered his knee injury in a challenge by Luke Fitzgerald in Wales' 19-13 Six Nations win over Ireland in Cardiff, forcing him to miss the 28-9 defeat by France on Saturday.

Williams, who only returned from two months out with a shoulder injury just before the Six Nations, is now recovering from another long-term injury blow ahead of his planned international retirement after the Rugby World Cup this autumn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9431105.stm

Also in: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyn...l-end-his-career-with-ospreys-91466-28372140/

Hopefully this will be true. Can't see him leaving us amman valley lot :( :( He seems to be a home bird, so i hope this is all true :D :D This may be a lot to do with him possibly being tempted to not retire at the end of world cup, but i'd rather see him retire on his own terms at the "top" than slowly be told to retire. Fingers crossed :D

Latest posts