• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shane Williams

Aye, fair point.
Last thing i would do is to put down a NZ winger, but as a proud Welshman it kinda hurts when you NZers (and others) belittle one of the best players we have at the moment.
He's effective most times for our team and we rely on him alot.
We really don't have anyone else, and no, this isn't a "feel sorry for us" plea, it's just we can't help but see the talent in Shane Williams - he's proven it against nearly every nation (even NZ once) and when he gets referred to as a child/hobbit/below-par-rugby-player it bugs me - it bugs us. The reason is because he is our homegrown talent and plenty of people always fail to show respect - barr a few.

at least it is exciting watching shane with the ball.

I love watching the guy play when he gets the ball you don't know what he's going to do, watching joe is just boring, in fact i'll say it now watching the all blacks is boring, i myself would much rather watch a evenly contested game between georgia and romania then sit through and All Bore match, i dont see how it can be exciting when you already know who is going to win, (of course except for when the all blacks are in the world cup, notice the history of chokes) but besides that theyre boring.

What are you on?

I don't exactly enjoy watching the AB's wipe the floor with all comers, but you have to respect the way they play. It's expansive, it's dynamic and it's very attacking. To say it's boring is just ludicrous.

What are you on?

I don't exactly enjoy watching the AB's wipe the floor with all comers, but you have to respect the way they play. It's expansive, it's dynamic and it's very attacking. To say it's boring is just ludicrous.
[/b]

I didnt mean i dont respect the way they play i just think its god awfully boring to watch them play.

theres no excitement when they go up 35-0 after 5 minutes.

Well, maybe if Shane Williams and others didn't seem to suck when playing us it wouldn't be so boring.

Hang on! It's your fault that you beat teams by so much.
Don't lay any blame on us.

OR SHANE WILLLIAMS!

It's not our fault you're becoming the Michael Schumacher of rugby.

"theres no excitement when they go up 35-0 after 5 minutes."

i get very excited!

quality players all around the world...but so many less quality teams...nz as a team are quality...and if its not team work then we can rely on the individuals who can hold there own for not just them but there team..get the picture

quality team with quality individual playmakers vs a quality team..doesnt usually weigh up and neither does a team full of quality individuals vs a quality team...it can however take one boofhead to meet our demise(a.k.a so'oialo vs sth africa)

that being said...we are advanced and that alot of individual input is the basis for that..all blacks as a team have always been just that..a "team"..when you can get the best out of individuals and there skillsets and utilise that on individual efforts you can see results much stronger..its like having 2 different programs...if the gameplan doesnt work for the team then do what works for the players

if our style was kung fu..we would be the bruce lee of this mutha f***er..

and i respect shane williams...he is a quality player...ill be biased when i say respect kiwi wingers more...i just see alot of competition for them and big as boots to fill in for...a'la jonah,wilson,bg williams etc

think we can knock this arguement on the head now, and lets just say i was proved right :) as per usual

Aw **** someone should have nominated this classic thread. Lol @ you trying to rekindle an old flame war

He's right though. I've just read through some of the thread from over a year ago and a lot of negative comments were made regarding Shane at the time, some of them were quite accurate in their criticism.
You cannot now argue, after this season, that this guy is one of if not the best winger in the world.
And that makes me happyyyyy :cheers: :lol:

Latest posts