Sharks sign JL Potgieter

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by Steve-o, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Steve-o

Steve-o Senior Member

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Source

I've always rated him, especially when he was at the Cheetahs. I've always felt we needed that extra kicking option at 12, something the Sharks have NEVER had. Very happy with the signing.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Seaton

Seaton Senior Member

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Very good news, btw do you know how long the contract is?
    If it is shorter than two years, I think I actually might complain, seriously.
    Its all good and well signing these talented players, but honestly, as soon as the fly/srum half start to gel, the season ends.
    Hopefully Im wrong

4. TRF_stormer2010

TRF_stormer2010 Super Moderator

Country Flag:

South Africa

Club or Nation:

Stormers

So who would theSharks supporters want as flyhalf? Or even fullback for that matter?

At 10 you have 1 Butch James, 2 Steve Meyer and now 3 JL Potgieter. Lambie could also be considered I guess.

At 15 you're options are 1 Stefan Terblanche, 2 Pat Lambie and 3 Loui Ludik. Three very talented 15s.

Yet having lost Brad Barritt and Fran Steyn and even Murray and Adi Jacobs to injury the centres are looking very thin. Guess Lambie and Terblanche are going well at 12 and 13 but seriously.. my paranoid Saffa mind is starting to think John Plumtree is intentionally messing our most talented backline players about to frustrate them into leaving for Northern shores. Steyn, Pienaar, next will be Lambie. Barritt, though him leaving I can understand. Those sly kiwis. Guess they've spent too much time trying to be Australians.

5. TRF_Ezequiel

TRF_Ezequiel Kanko Krazy!!!

Country Flag:

Netherlands

Club or Nation:

Sharks

Butch James? Is he coming back? overrated violent piece of ****.
    Steve Meyer and JL Potgieter are both equally good when it comes to the NR. 10 position.

At 15 I prefer Terblanche who, in my opinion, still is Springbok material despite his age. He would do a lot better than Zane Kirchner. Patrick Lambie is a player who I would love to see as a full back in which case Terblanche can move to the 13 position.

6. cyRil

cyRil Senior Member

Country Flag:

Wales

Club or Nation:

Ospreys

Ospreys legend. Give him back.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!