• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs Crusaders

Game started here 4 hours ago, why are you watching it so late ?

I had to watch it on the Supersport website though, Ugh, I miss our DSTV :(

I wish there was some other way of getting my hands on these games, other than going to a pub or heading over to a friends house all the time.

I bumped into the rebroadcast. As I had to finish some work.
Last week I missed 95% of the Chiefs game so F**k my boss now I wanna watch S14 :)

I was tipping the Sharks to end round about 9th this year but it looks like they are aiming for the spoon. The Crusaders aren't looking too flash yet managed to beat the Sharks.. 35 -6 (if I remember correctly).

Ludik and Alberts must be kicking themselves after realising that Highveld grass is maybe not so bad after all.

The Sharks actualy looked better without ball in hand and the Crusaders scored 3 of their tries off of some impotent work with ball in hand from the Sharks (reckless passes etc). Now, while I couldn't be too worried about the result (denying the 'Saders a bonuspoint would have been nice from a Stormers POV, though), it worries me that this team is stacked full of Springboks and i seriously hope PdV drops some of the dead weight in the Sharks from the Boks even if they are just fringe players; I include Jannie du Plessis, Steven Sykes, Johan Muller, Jean Deysel, Ryan Kankowski, Ruan Pienaar & Adi Jacobs. Seriously, we have better options at the Stormers and Cheetahs and even extra Bulls fringe players are better. Add Hargreaves (who?) to that list.

What I think the Sharks must do:

1 Smit to hooker; struggled at tightjead again. SA learnt that lesson end of last year yet the Sharks seem not to have picked up on it. You also don't want your captain on the bench as the Sharks lost their composure towards the end and needed someone to realise they needed to adapt to the way the game was playing out.
2 Convert Bismark to a flanker; Alberts, Deysel and Kankowski look flashy but you don't want them on the field when your back is against the wall. That's where the Sharks find themselves. Bismark ta least has some grunt and turns ball over better than any current loosie in the competition and you don't want that wasted on the bench.
3 Adi is not an inside center (not even sure he should play outside centre); even when he manages to tackle a player, the opposition get such good go-forward ball that things spiral out of control. Beg (and through heaps of money at) Barritt and/or Steyn to come back and don't **** them off again like in previous years.
4 Pienaar is not flyhalf. Nor is he a fullback. He is a scrumhalf which you need as Kockott's passing from the base contributes much to the Shark's woe's on attack.
5 Get at least 1 play-maker; someone that can make decisions and give direction rather than just throughing the ball around randomly and overly hopeful.
6 Get a flyhalf. This can help cover 5 and if he can kick for poles he can take over from Kockott who should be replaced by Pienaar or McLeod. Who, though? Take a chance on a young guy, it's not as if things can get worse. Meyer would have been perfect. Hernandez is also a shame. Goode looked awful. Cronje or Olivier. Maybe even Lambie. I don't know. Your screwed probably.
7 The Sharks don't play to the strengths of their back three; Ndungane, Petersen and Turbo's have to be the slowest back three in the competition and sending the ball wide when there isn't a huge overlap will nnot result in a try but in posession possibly being turned over. Rather attack down the middle with heaps of support off the shoulder of the ball carrier.

Whatever. I just hope to see the Sharks' misfiring players out of the Springboks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Convert Bismark to a flanker; Alberts, Deysel and Kankowski look flashy but you don't want them on the field when your back is against the wall. That's where the Sharks find themselves. Bismark ta least has some grunt and turns ball over better than any current loosie in the competition and you don't want that wasted on the bench.[/b]

Why have 3 loose forwards on the field when you can have 4?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Feb 27 2010, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Convert Bismark to a flanker; Alberts, Deysel and Kankowski look flashy but you don't want them on the field when your back is against the wall. That's where the Sharks find themselves. Bismark ta least has some grunt and turns ball over better than any current loosie in the competition and you don't want that wasted on the bench.[/b]

Why have 3 loose forwards on the field when you can have 4?
[/b][/quote]

You'll have tell Kanko and co that they are indeed loose forwards and should be acting like it before you count them as such. Anyway, guess I can't ***** about the Sharks when the Stormers somehow managed to lose against an uninspiring Brumbies outfit. Well, I have to admit that the Brumbies played a smarter game and won through patience and better goal kicking.

Not to mention the stormers butchered themselves, how many opportunities did we just throw into the wind by silly little handling errors ?

Good on the Brumbies though, they did well do defend that good.

Latest posts